Rangers go to battle with football authorities

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Behind a paywall but the jist of it is..............Tony McGlennan (compliance officer) resigns from SFA post

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tony-mcglennan-resigns-from-sfa-post-mclk8d6vl

-----------------------------

No idea of the backstory but given recent events, you have to wonder..................

He is taking part in the recruitment process. Roll in the next stooge.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Behind a paywall but the jist of it is..............Tony McGlennan (compliance officer) resigns from SFA post

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tony-mcglennan-resigns-from-sfa-post-mclk8d6vl

-----------------------------

No idea of the backstory but given recent events, you have to wonder..................

The Scottish Football Association will this week begin the search for a new compliance officer after Tony McGlennan tendered his resignation.

Lawyer McGlennan has been with the governing body since 2014 but has now decided to return to private practice and will leave the SFA in late summer. He will be involved in the recruitment process for his successor before leaving Hampden.

The role was created seven years ago under Stewart Regan, the former chief executive of the SFA, and involves reviewing reported incidents from across Scottish football with a view to applying retrospective disciplinary action. The compliance officer initiates charges which are then decided upon by an independent judicial panel.

Inevitably the role attracts frequent criticism from managers, players and clubs over which incidents are highlighted for disciplinary action.

The first compliance officer was another lawyer, Vincent Lunny, who served the SFA from 2011 until 2014.

One of McGlennan’s last acts was among his most controversial, when he issued two charges against Rangers for alleging breaches of SFA regulations relating to how the club obtained a Uefa licence to play European football in 2011.

He had conducted an eight-month investigation into the episode before he issued the charges. The principal hearing into the case will be on June 26, with Rangers having said the club will “fiercely resist” what it called “ridiculous” charges.

McGlennan was a solicitor advocate who joined the SFA from the law firm Penmans, with whom he had been a partner since 1998.

16 minutes ago, pete said:

He is taking part in the recruitment process. Roll in the next stooge.

I saw McGlennan/resigns...... and for half a second thought/hoped it was MacLennan at the SPFL.

The obvious thought is that he wants to leave the building before the two charges against Rangers are heard on the 26th of this month.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I saw McGlennan/resigns...... and for half a second thought/hoped it was MacLennan at the SPFL.

The obvious thought is that he wants to leave the building before the two charges against Rangers are heard in July.

Ye I agree with that.

That happened with my ex-firm. They brought in a managing director to put 800 men on the street and then he retired to Portugal a week before everyone got their letters.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Ye I agree with that.

That happened with my ex-firm. They brought in a managing director to put 800 men on the street and then he retired to Portugal a week before everyone got their letters.

The kitchen is going to get hot....................

a050960868918ee56ae3c0824dd3b7d1.gif

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

The obvious thought is that he wants to leave the building before the two charges against Rangers are heard on the 26th of this month.

Looking at the article that Bluedell posted it says he'll leave in late summer, which would suggest he'll still be in post when the hearing on the 26th of this month is heard.

How that hearing will be set-up in terms of panel and/or senior legal figure, I've yet to hear.