Tims allocation cut for next season -official

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Clyde SSB going into meltdown, about how terrible a decision it is for Scottish football & how it will have massive effects through all clubs & grounds.

What they miss is that it will only directly effect 2 league games per season.  Since Rangers have no control over Ceptics ticketing policy - what they choose to do is up to them.  Every other visiting teams supporters get the same ticket allowance & it's never been an issue....but now it's Armageddon pt2.

Good on the club for putting its fans 1st....

I’m just listening to the podcast now. It’s sickening and Rodger Hannah is in full pillorying Rangers mode. How dare we look after our own fans etc. It’s Armageddon with sky/bt etc. The usual blah blah about not getting tickets to away games? Aye, I can see the bottom six clubs cutting our allocation? (Bank managers would love that).

Sky/BT won’t give two hoots. The spectacle is the game. Nothing else. These same idiots were not bothered about Sky/BT when we were illegally banished to the bottom tier!

Nothing said when other clubs reduce our allocation but we are attacked again for looking after ourselves. 

Great decision and a fantastic approach from the board. We don’t need you, we don’t want you at our stadium. Take note MSM too. About 90% of you are not welcome at our stadium by our fans either. Fantastic news:rfcbouncy:

Edited by cooponthewing

They had the top tier of the piggery closed & covered in banners for seasons until Rangers got back into top flight!.

When Hibs reduced our allocation recently every man & their dug was saying they were right! what has changed when we do it?

Sky might be bothered. They recently got the EPL rules changed so that away fans are visible at pitch level (eg Newcastle will have to move their away fans) but screw them. When did Sky ever do us a favour?

I don’t like the timing of this, but it should have been done when we got promoted back to the SPL. Of course this move will cost the club money, so could be viewed as petty, but so what. We can’t continue to allow that sort of behaviour by the likes of Leigh Griffiths & the green brigade in our own home. Might give us a competitive advantage at Ibrox, while we couldn’t get much worse at parkhead anyway. As for our travelling fans, maybe make some more cash from a beam back at Ibrox?

Some reservations however. Ticket office staff will have their hands full now. I have 3 season tickets in the BR. One with Celtic, one adult without & one child. I wouldn’t take my 4 year old to a Celtic game, and my old man wouldn’t pay an extra £100 for his season ticket! So it is wrong to assume all ticket holders in the Broomloan want to see (or pay extra) for these games. It is £58 for a kids ST (only available in BR family section) hopefully they won’t be taking that offer away. But it costs that much for a single seat for a Celtic game!

I can’t see either side selling out the home tickets for £60 a seat now to be honest, but we’ll see..

Now that the Broomie is for Rangers fans only what chance of introducing safe standing there?.

Also I would love it if the cameras were moved to the other side of the pitch!

Edited by ian1964

47 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Celtc being copy cats again.  Do they ever come up with anything first?  They even nicked cover ups off their mother church.

Was always going to be the case once the first move was made.

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

I'm sure they didn't for a single second consider the effect on home wheelchair fans.

Is there any chance that wheelchair users can get moved into the Broomie now that it is for Rangers fans only? not sure if that would suit right enough?

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Is there any chance that wheelchair users can get moved into the Broomie now that it is for Rangers fans only? not sure if that would suit right enough?

We'll get the 4 existing Broomloan spaces now but lose the 7 in the corner, so 3 down for home games against them unless plans to increase the total spaces are expedited which is unlikely but not impossible if the will is there.