Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

The draw date is crazy before the 2nd round has been played, but this is wherre it can benefit us. 

Say the Latvians, Georgians or Icelanders catcht heir bigger name opponent cold given it is their first games of the season, we then play an unseeded team we "should" be beating in the 3rd round whereas if the draw was after the 2nd round was complete, we would have to play a tough seeded team for definite.

Of course, its all being very presumptuous given we have a 50/50 change of progressing past the Croats in the 2nd round.

The real reason the third round is being drawn before the second round tie is played; quite simply, it gives Thomas Cook Travel enough time to inform travel club members that they cannot provide the necessary package, again!

The yahoos get Cork City if beaten by Rosenborg. Talk about the luck of the Irish.

Celtic have been drawn against Cork City if they crash out of the Champions League.

The Hoops will play Rosenborg in Champions League qualifying and the loser will drop into the Europa League for a double-header with Irish side Cork.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

IMO here's the order from easiest to hardest (and I've assumed some teams will go through);

Maribor (SVN)

København (DEN)

Olympiacos (GRE)

Feyenoord (NED)
Bordeaux (FRA)

It's a very tough draw. I'd say we'd only be slight favourites for Maribor and underdogs for the rest. And even then, Maribor's squad are far more experienced in Europe than us. 

I hadn't realised what a huge task qualifying for the group would be. Not to be presumtous, but fingers crossed for Maribor or Copenhagen because the other 3 present an enormous challenge for us just now. The fact we're a bit worried about Osijek is the proof of that.

I'd have Olympiakos above both Feyenoord and Bordeaux.

Tough draw, either way.