Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

55 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I think the same could be said for them regarding the first round. At the end of the day we went through relatively comfortably in comparison to them as they struggled to scrape through with a single goal advantage.

If we get the goals going we can take this. They lost 2 goals to a team with a 1,000 capacity stadium.

I think the tie is very much up in the air and that it'll depend who performs on both gamedays, defends well, takes chances and gets a little luck here or there.

I think the away leg this Thursday will be a difficult match and I can't see us suddenly clicking in Croatia. I think it might take a few weeks until we see some good stuff middle to front.

One positive about the Osijek tie was that in neither leg against Petrocub did they keep a clean sheet. Last season, clean sheets were a feature of their 4 qualifying rounds European run.

Not wishing to get ahead of myself but the draw for the third qualifying round is at 1 o'clock this afternoon (UK time).

The sides we could meet are 

1 Olympiacos (GRE)
2 Ventspils (LVA) v Bordeaux (FRA)
3 Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO) v Maribor (SVN)
4 Feyenoord (NED)
5 Stjarnan (ISL) v København (DEN)

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Not wishing to get ahead of myself but the draw for the third qualifying round is at 1 o'clock this afternoon (UK time).

The sides we could meet are 

1 Olympiacos (GRE)
2 Ventspils (LVA) v Bordeaux (FRA)
3 Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO) v Maribor (SVN)
4 Feyenoord (NED)
5 Stjarnan (ISL) v København (DEN)

If anyone, it's UEFA that is getting ahead of itself holding the 3rd round draw prior to the second round first leg :D

It could be worse, Sevilla aren't there !!

edit

EL draw scheduled for 1400 CET ....(1300 UK)

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

Feyenoord?  Never again.

If it is Feynoord I will be fighting for a ticket with my son who is a Feynoord supporter first and Rangers  supporter second.

19 minutes ago, pete said:

If it is Feynoord I will be fighting for a ticket with my son who is a Feynoord supporter first and Rangers  supporter second.

Send him out on loan till he gets his head sorted out.

IMO here's the order from easiest to hardest (and I've assumed some teams will go through);

Maribor (SVN)

København (DEN)

Olympiacos (GRE)

Feyenoord (NED)
Bordeaux (FRA)

It's a very tough draw. I'd say we'd only be slight favourites for Maribor and underdogs for the rest. And even then, Maribor's squad are far more experienced in Europe than us. 

I hadn't realised what a huge task qualifying for the group would be. Not to be presumtous, but fingers crossed for Maribor or Copenhagen because the other 3 present an enormous challenge for us just now. The fact we're a bit worried about Osijek is the proof of that.