Rangers set to host revamped fan zone at Ibrox ahead of first home game

If they are not councillors, then they cannot stop us going ahead. Only council intervention can prevent us going ahead surely?

If your neighbour puts in an objection to your house extension, it is still up to the council to decide if it is a valid objection or not, it is not just accepted as gospel.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Perhaps because of Dornan's comments.

"My concern is that these matches are controlled by the likes of Sky Sports. If you look at the football schedules the pitch would never be available for kids football ever again.

Rangers should be investing in youth football in the area. They shouldn’t be trying to replace it with burgers and booze."

Did any of the Labour or Green councillors issue such as statement?

Anyone who thinks the SNP are anything but enemies of Rangers FC is delusional.  That doesn't mean other politicians don't dislike us either, mind you.  

Were any of the ASKED???

These folk don't just blurt out these things for the sheer hell of it - They are asked specific questions, probably by the journalist in order to get a sound bite or quote that they can use to "dramatise" the story.  Happens all the time - how many times have Rangers managers, directors or players had the very same done to them - a "reporter" takes part of a comment & builds an entire story round it.

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

If they are not councillors, then they cannot stop us going ahead. Only council intervention can prevent us going ahead surely?

If your neighbour puts in an objection to your house extension, it is still up to the council to decide if it is a valid objection or not, it is not just accepted as gospel.

The council have to asses the basis of the objection....more often than not, they will reject a planning request & ask for a revised submission.  Probably the same in this case.

The club would need to address the community councils concerns, if they find a suitable compromise the council will most likely approve the plan.

I think the fanzone is worth a reasonable amount of money to Rangers. I’m sure a revised proposal could be made which enhanced the playing facilities with floodlighting for example to offset when they would not otherwise be used, or provide good equipment such as goals, balls, coaching staff. I don’t know the exact solution as I’ve thought about it for 5 minutes and don’t have access to data indicating current usage etc but the guy randomly dropping in and conflating Sky TV with burgers as if these things don’t happen elsewhere suggests there is room to manoeuvre. Rangers could even contribute hard cash to community projects encouraging the uptake of sports. 

Btw is this the bit of land opposite the main stand that used to be our training pitch? Never realised we had even sold it 

Edited by Walterbear

12 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

I think the fanzone is worth a reasonable amount of money to Rangers. I’m sure a revised proposal could be made which enhanced the playing facilities with floodlighting for example to offset when they would not otherwise be used, or provide good equipment such as goals, balls, coaching staff. I don’t know the exact solution as I’ve thought about it for 5 minutes and don’t have access to data indicating current usage etc but the guy randomly dropping in and conflating Sky TV with burgers as if these things don’t happen elsewhere suggests there is room to manoeuvre. Rangers could even contribute hard cash to community projects encouraging the uptake of sports. 

Btw is this the bit of land opposite the main stand that used to be our training pitch? Never realised we had even sold it 

That's my whole point....the club opens up dialogue with the Community Council & they reach agreement the suits both parties.  Resubmit revised plans with no objections.

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Remember as well, that the club are looking to utilise a COMMUNITY FACILITY.....It would be interesting to know exactly what bookings or activities it could potentially effect.

The club also already support activities at that very venue.  They run many of their summer soccer school programs there.  Maybe they should just scrap having any soccer schools at the pitch across from the stadium and move it away seeing as the local council don’t want them there on match days.

tit for tat and all that.  

Will those pitches be getting used if Rangers scrapped the soccer schools that take place there ?

3 hours ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Been saying the same on here for the last umteen years, especially C1872 after the share issue.  They should utilise their funds to purchase land or property that can enhance the club footprint and be utilised for the fans or the club itself.

How about instead of buying more shares, the point of which is really no longer valid?