Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

There are no positives.  MA has won again.  Rangers are losing out and I doubt I'll buy my kid a shirt, when they  finally get released in January because the whole thing is a pain in the arse.  

38 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I still cant understand why some fans thought we had severed ties with SD - we hadnt, we had re-negotiated the deal to terms which were more favourable to us. Not perfect by any means, but certainly not a parting of the ways.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40358177

dart, i think it may be more accurate to say that most fans believed we would part ways with sd in 2018 or at least have an opportunity to do so.

i certainly thought this was the case and the club statement at the time mentioned no fixed term to new deal.

whilst this is technically accurate the reality is somewhat different.

good grief, its just cost 1/2 a mill to contest a contract we signed just over a year ago.

33 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The legal fees are very significant. 

Sales will be lost as many fans will still not buy from SD, not to mention the fans  losing the feel-good factor. 

It also impacts our future ability to negotiate retail deals. 

I think if Rangers are going to get as good a deal with SD matching the other company then fans will buy merchandise.
Surely this new deal can only last for the length of time that the other company had negotiated, and after that we would be free to go for whomever we wish?
No one has seen any conditions yet.

16 minutes ago, barca72 said:

I think if Rangers are going to get as good a deal with SD matching the other company then fans will buy merchandise.
Surely this new deal can only last for the length of time that the other company had negotiated, and after that we would be free to go for whomever we wish?

given terms of the 2017 renegotiated contract, why do you think we would be free to go to whomever at the termination of this one?

the condition were made public at  first hearing, i have them printed on my desk.

13 minutes ago, gaspard said:

given terms of the 2017 renegotiated contract, why do you think we would be free to go to whomever at the termination of this one?

the condition were made public at  first hearing, i have them printed on my desk.

I haven't seen these conditions you have printed on your desk.
I'm going purely on the fact that Rangers had negotiated a deal with a company which they were satisfied with, and I assumed it would not run for seven years. Now if at the end of the life of this contract Rangers could either re-up with the company or find some one more competitive that suited them better. Contracts have finite lengths, yeah?

30 minutes ago, barca72 said:

I don’t. It clearly states on the FF statement (which is as close to a club statement we are going to get) to continue to boycott SD. Why are you not boycotting the fat greasy horrible thieving Jabba? 

34 minutes ago, barca72 said:

There is no new deal as yet.

Thread title is misleading.

4 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I don’t. It clearly states on the FF statement (which is as close to a club statement we are going to get) to continue to boycott SD. Why are you not boycotting the fat greasy horrible thieving Jabba? 

Although we have seen no numbers as yet, my grandkids want their strips and if Rangers are getting a reasonable deal then so be it. We need this to be a good income stream which can help the club.