22 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

we can already see and feel that we will be contenders this season, and for the first time in 7/8 years we have a chance to win the big prize. 

The Kilmarnock game on Sunday will be an interesting test since Kilmarnock are seen as a relatively tough nut to crack by SPL standards.  I expect us to win given that we totally outclassed the sheep in their own pen while playing with 10 men.

But if it weren't to be I would rather have a contrary result in this paper cup than in the league. Wondering if he will even play the best available first 11 for it. More than confident Kilmarnock will.

Having grown up on shit tier American sports commentary, RTV is awesome. I have no complaints. A few quick pregame interviews, a review of the lineups, the game, quick half covering the action, game. It is to the point without all of the useless 'expert' gum beating and opinion.  "They should have done this and look at this guy"  blah blah...STFU. 

The old guy with the beer belly is all about the team and it shows. It's like listening to your grandad do commentary. Well worth my buck. 

I cancelled my other sports subscription and moved to RTV.  I'm really only interested in watching Rangers games anyway and it's so much better on RTV.  If the opposition scores, its mentally easier to deal with when the commentators are as gutted as I am.  And when we score it's more enjoyable when you imagine that the commentators are jumping around as happy as I am.  BT and Sky commentating just makes me angry, frustrated and bored, even when we're winning.  I just don't need that.

I'd recommend RTV for every gers fan.  For someone like me who travels a lot, it's fantastic and well worth the subscription.

Tom Miller, although a great guy who obviously loves Rangers, is a terrible commentator.  Actually, too often, he's failing to commentate on what's actually happening to the point where I have to turn the volume down as I get totally pissed off with his ramblings about bygone days of yore during the game.  I'm wound up trying to watch the match while he  often seems disinterested and starts asking stupid questions of his side kick.  This week, for example , it was 'that Paul Gascoingne was some player wasn't he?' Sometimes it appears he wants to talk about anything but the match at hand. 

There's also way to much input from the pundit  (nine times out of ten making a pointless bleedin' obvious observation) with him but this a common annoyance with all football commentary these days.

I enjoy it....It's not radio, I can see who's passing to who, and who put in a "crunching" tackle etc.  The commentary goes hand-in-hand with the video coverage, and it's good to hear stories about past players etc while watching the match.

It's pointless to compare RTV with a level of perfection that doesn't exist anywhere. You can only compare it with other available alternatives, which are universally dire. Tom Miller may not be to everyone's taste but no one ever would be, regardless who it was. The only thing that really matters is that RTV strives to improve at all times and to offer Rangers fans the best coverage it can. As it stands today, for our purposes, it is head and shoulders above both domestic Scottish TV options and the subscription alternatives.