[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

3 minutes ago, pete said:

It is all about opinion DB. Morelos's work took a hell of a lot of pressure off the defence.

True enough. I'd still not have hime before the defence and Jack, who was immense in DM. You actually wonder if someone with more composure would have sunk a few chances that came Morelos' way today.

NB: Halliday was solid as left-back. Not great, but quite solid in these conditions.

Sidenote - yellow cards:

Up to the group phase, you get a one game suspension for your 3rd and then your fifth card. They will be removed after the play-off phase (i.e. next round).

During the group phase, you receive a one match ban after 3, 5, 7 ,9 etc. yellow cards. Those cards will be removed after the quarter finals.

Edited by der Berliner

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

NB: Halliday was solid as left-back. Not great, but quite solid in these conditions.

I think Maribor had him marked out as a weak link early on since they knew he was effectively a third choice. But all credit to him, he did the job asked of him and wasn't the bomb scare many of us thought he might be. 

Think our fans just get too emotional during games. Morelos didn't get even a free kick against him but you'd think he was on some tight rope ????

Seemingly he missed chances. Remember one chance he got too far ahead off play. Not exactly the end of the world and miniscule in terms of what he did for the team.

He kept a full back four busy and stopped them from being able to send fullbacks forward all by himself. Some people just get no praise. 

Maribor 57 places above AEK but still people dont  praise the effort involved by all the players. 

13 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

True enough. I'd still not have hime before the defence and Jack, who was immense in DM. You actually wonder if someone with more composure would have sunk a few chances that came Morelos' way today.

I was going to mention Halliday db. Got caught a couple of times but overall I thought he was good. As has been mentioned elsewhere that was a team missing Coulibaly Flanagan and Barasic. Potentially with Lafferty and another cb hopefully.

Things are looking good

11 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Sidenote - yellow cards:

Up to the group phase, you get a one game suspension for your 3rd and then your fifth card. They will be removed after the play-off phase (i.e. next round).

During the group phase, you receive a one match ban after 3, 5, 7 ,9 etc. yellow cards. Those cards will be removed after the quarter finals.

I make it that only Ejaria and Candeias can miss the second leg of play-off round if booked next week.

Flanagan should be available again next week.