[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

Heroes all over the park , what a team effort .

And another little aside , first time in our history we have went 3 away European games without conceding a goal .

I'm now more confident than ever of getting past Ufa. They entered at the 2nd QR where they drew 0-0 at home with Domzale, a Slovenian side who have a ground capacity of 3,100 then drew 1-1 away to go through on away goals. This round just narrowly got past Progres.

This wasn't even our strongest 11 out there tonight and if we get past Ufa it doesn't matter who we get in the groups. We never dreamed we would be there anyway.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Morelos man of the match for me.

Behind McGregor, Goldson, Katic, Jack et al ... yes.

Sorry, but where do people see a MOTM performance from Morelos? He kept their defenders occupied, but his finishing and passing was at best average, throughout the game.  

1 minute ago, rbr said:

Heroes all over the park , what a team effort .

And another little aside , first time in our history we have went 3 away European games without conceding a goal .

While I want to agree with you we are playing teams at a far lower level as in the old days. Back then we could be meeting Bayern Munich after 3 rounds.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Sorry, but where do people see a MOTM performance from Morelos? He kept their defenders occupied, but his finishing and passing was at best average, throughout the game.  

It is all about opinion DB. Morelos's work took a hell of a lot of pressure off the defence.

4 minutes ago, rbr said:

Wow. There have been some pretty good Rangers teams over the years who never achieved that feat. Shows what can be done when you have a manager who can get the best out of his players, and players who believe in him. My expectations are getting higher and higher. Don't want to get carried away with where this could go but it's just great to feel this good about Rangers again after so much misery.

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I thought Morelos had virtually an open goal near the end and blazed it high over.