[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

Tactical masterclass by Stevie G, and every player did what was asked - defend as if your life depended on it. I though we’d snatch a late goal for the ?  on the cake, but it was McGregor’s penalty save and clean sheet that provided the cherry. Proud bear tonight! 

Edited by weebluedevil

Anytime Halliday is on or near the ball it freaks me out as most of the time his positioning body shape and awareness are all wrong. However tonight he did what was asked of him and tracked their attacks for most of the full match and when Kent came on he looked much better. 

I also thought Scott Arfield was excellent tonight cancelled out pretty much every thing they had to offer down our left and then later in the game when Kent came on was moved in one and read their play brilliantly breaking up many attacks through the middle and releasing our front line. After all that work with five minutes to go he's breaking into their left corner flag to hold the ball up lays it off to Halliday who should retain possession by moving it inside but instead he swings it into the box with no one in it giving them the ball back.

8 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

His forthrightness is outstanding and what a slap in the face for the mockers who labeled him an 'under 18's coach'

He has proven he can build a team then deploy them fittingly for different challenges. No one including the board thought we would find ourselves in this position but I would wager that Gerrard had confidence all along. It's in his DNA.

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

His forthrightness is outstanding and what a slap in the face for the mockers who labeled him an 'under 18's coach'

He has proven he can build a team then deploy them fittingly for different challenges. No one including the board thought we would find ourselves in this position but I would wager that Gerrard had confidence all along. It's in his DNA.

They f**ked up badly with Pedro and some other things but TBF I think you have to give Dave King credit wrt Gerrard and the confidence he had in his appointment.