[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Disappointing to see Coulibaly out.  I hope Ejaria and Halliday have good games.

Very

The main positive for me was having the midfield trio of RJ, SA and LC.

The game intelligence of Jack combined with the workrate of Coulibaly and Arfield would have done a job of protecting the defence.

I don't think you'll get the same workrate or urgency out of Ejaria, he's a different kind of midfielder.

We could do with him helping link middle to front and creating chances because I think we're now going to need a goal or two.

• Frankie changed the title to Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

Still comfortably in the driving seat. Maribor appear reluctant to go all out because they know we can break fast. If it stays like this they're going to be forced to go all out at some point. 

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

We've done alright so far and the midfield have put in a hell of a lot of work. They've had a lot of corners and Tavares again their most dangerous player. McGregor kept us in it with an excellent save from a Dervisivic free kick 25 yards out on our right hand side. We've not been without our chances but they've only really been half chances as yet. 

OK, I think we're playing a bit deeper than we'd all like at times but we're managing the game well and look fairly comfortable.

Three midfield bookings is a worry (Jack, Ejaria and Candeias) for the second half so we must maintain our discipline.

Good news is we have looked decent on the counter at times so if a good chance comes, we have to take it.

After 20 mins, Maribor had a really good spell, but we have McGregor. Defence works immense, as does Candeias and Murphy when tracking back. 

Morelos a source of frustration again. Runs and works well, but plays no or overhit passes, or blasts over when it was easier to score. Arfield should have had  a bit more composure. If we convert one of these chances, I would hope it is enough.

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

McGregor kept us in it with an excellent save from a Dervisivic free kick 25 yards out on our right hand side.

No disrespect to Wes but the more games we play the more confident I feel with McGregor standing in that goal.