Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Can you list what opinions are allowed on here, for future reference?

Thanks.

No thanks but using language that infers that fans with an alternative view are somehow colluding with the "enemy" is disrespecful.  This is not directed at you but the general tone of certain posts in this thread

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No thanks but using language that infers that fans with an alternative view are somehow colluding with the "enemy" is disrespecful.  This is not directed at you but the general tone of certain posts in this thread

There’s no need to talk about “inferring” or “general tone”. I’ve already made it clear I think it IS colluding with the enemy. No ifs or buts. I don’t expect everyone to agree with this but I don’t understand why this is such a sensitive issue for you. 

32 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Darther has picked a side.

It would probably do a number of folk the world of good to realise that there are 2 sides....

In this case, it took 12 pages of comment, before anyone actually posted what was said.....how many folk on this thread had READ Aitken's letter???

She has made it clear that the Council actually have no objections to the proposal.  Where they do have objection is that Club employees had made their belief widely known on social media, that the refusal was down to religion/political bias.  That belief has been blindly evident on here as well, with opinions being put forward without full knowledge of the process, procedures or facts.  Just another case of "SNP hate us".  Yet the basic fact is that the objection came from the local Ibrox community council & the club were unable to convince them to withdraw their objection.

11 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Bill (and others) have already made it VERY clear that if you support Independence, and/or the SNP....you are not welcome to be a Rangers fan.  They have given up "inferring" anything

Only Union flag waving, Westminster worshiping type folks are welcome within the Rangers support.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

There’s no need to talk about “inferring” or “general tone”. I’ve already made it clear I think it IS colluding with the enemy. No ifs or buts. I don’t expect everyone to agree with this but I don’t understand why this is such a sensitive issue for you. 

Really Bill? You don't understand why someone might be sensitive to being described as "colluding with the enemy"? C'mon. Hold whatever views you want but words like colluding and enemy are totally loaded.

On topic, is there anything in what Clr Aitken says? 

I asked before, is anyone on here a member of their local community council? If not why not? 

The argument has raged on and despite Aitken's letter,which she has had plenty of time to prepare,no actual figures regards majority vote against the proposal have been unearthed so everything remains paper talk.

Until actual facts are proven this will remain as a serious blight against the relevant community council and the higher ranking GCC figures.

11 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Only Union flag waving, Westminster worshiping type folks are welcome within the Rangers support.

Anyone who worships Westminster needs to see a psychiatrist.  Good attempt though.  

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Anyone who worships Westminster needs to see a psychiatrist.  Good attempt though.  

ok, worshiping may be pushing it....but plenty on here are more than happy to blindly follow it's governance & "leadership" (no laughing at the back), all the while having (effectively) no say in how it operates.

9 minutes ago, Darthter said:

ok, worshiping may be pushing it....but plenty on here are more than happy to blindly follow it's governance & "leadership" (no laughing at the back), all the while having (effectively) no say in how it operates.

Pot and kettle...