Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

10 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

British Nationalism/Unionism has been championed over the last few years by such a bizarre cast of characters including Jim Murphy, Tommy Robinson and the DUP.

Imagine the Democratic Unionist Party of Ulster supporting Unionism?  Incredible, isn't it.

Shall we bring out the bizarre cast of characters who champion Scottish Nationalism?  Hugh McDiarmid, for instance?  Or Stuart Campbell?  How about Michelle Thompson or Lewish Ritchie?  

16 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

I would tend to fall into the Norman MacCaig camp who said, where patriotism is concerned, and I'm paraphrasing here. 'I'm a patriot for me. I can never understand the general notion of patriotism because you're born in a certain country you say 'here's tae us wha's like us'. Just being born in Scotland, by pure accident, or anywhere else for that matter is no reason for loving it to that un-thought-out extent!'

Basically he's asking what type of person is it that can become ensconced and rooted passionately in a thing thats inception was complete chance. Obviously those who are prone to succumb  to salacious jingoism.

Being born in X won't make you patriotic.................... Familiarity and a bond/love grown over years might produce what I'd consider a 'pure patrotism'. 

A good objective education may better inform you of background but would probably mean you didn't make life decisions based upon only patriotism. 

Indoctrination of one kind or another is a route to a different type of patriotism.

1 hour ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Ahh, ok. I wasn't 100% sure with you using the word 'drift'.

This is it isn't it. If it wasn't that, they'd dredge up something from the past or use conjecture about something else no doubt.

...forgot to mention the silence as our players were pelted with coins. Just see the reaction if the reverse happens at Ibrox. Btw. Our players should refuse to take corners if that is happening. The previous game our player asked for help from the ref who ignored him, as did the commentator and the BBC. It has become acceptable for fans to physically assault Rangers players at Porkheid, Fir Park and Hampden. 

28 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record but beyond the a few misguided tweets by a few councillers, can anyone provide evidence that the SNP (the party, not individuals) have an agenda against Rangers fans or Rangers the club It's stated on here like it's a fact.

Good luck with that.  I've been asking for evidence on that very point for ages...still waiting.

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Are they banned? Why shouldn't they be on these pages?

Silly question.  Why shouldn't Scottish nationalism be viewed dimly on a Rangers forum?

Have you ever heard the songs at Ibrox?  

33 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record but beyond the a few misguided tweets by a few councillers, can anyone provide evidence that the SNP (the party, not individuals) have an agenda against Rangers fans or Rangers the club It's stated on here like it's a fact.

The fact that there are no SNP MPs, MSPs or Councillors who are Rangers fans (or are willing to admit to be Rangers fans)?

The fact that Rangers MSP never attends Ibrox or gives the club any support even though it is arguably the biggest institution within her constituency?

The fact that the SNP leader tweeted her support for Hibs fans as they were assaulting Rangers players and refused to condemn the Hibs fans and just shamefully issued a general statement days later through a spokesman.

The fact that little or no action is taken whenever SNP members/candidates/MSPs make sectarian slurs or accusations of racism about Rangers or their fans?

The fact that a SNP MSP can call the Rangers captain a "grass" and no action is taken?

It's inherent in the SNP. the SNP supporters on here just stick their heads in the sand.