Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

11 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Stop trying to be so divisive for goodness sakes. Do you not think that picture with the black masks has grounds for objective debate? 

We've debated this very subject, at length, twice on this forum in 2018.

This thread is not the place for it.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Only responding to your post refering to the said picture ?

Where you and Darther tried to veer the thread off topic and had a go at Rangers fans making their way to a match to do so.  That post?

4 hours ago, Darthter said:

So why is Scottish nationalism deemed bad, yet British nationalism is good (certainly on these pages...)???

I have never been a British Nationalist until the UK came under threat.  I want to retain the union therefore some would say I am a Nationalist.  Without the threat to break up the UK it would never have entered my head.  I have always seen myself as Scottish and British.  I would suggest it is the case on these pages because the majority feel the same as I do.  

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record but beyond the a few misguided tweets by a few councillers, can anyone provide evidence that the SNP (the party, not individuals) have an agenda against Rangers fans or Rangers the club It's stated on here like it's a fact.

Twitter it is infested with SNP supporters of Irish republican background who despise Britain and would like nothing better than to see the UK break up, not because of feelings of patriotism towards Scotland.  They despise Rangers fans too.   The SNP elected officials in Central Scotland are by and large the same.   If you despise me I will not have warm feelings towards you.  Don't tell me the party is different because this is the party, that is what it is like.  I am well aware that the Labour Party in the West of Scotland was the same but not where I live.  I hate identity politics but this is not of my creation.

7 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Twitter it is infested with SNP supporters of Irish republican background who despise Britain and would like nothing better than to see the UK break up, not because of feelings of patriotism towards Scotland.  They despise Rangers fans too.   The SNP elected officials in Central Scotland are by and large the same.   If you despise me I will not have warm feelings towards you.  Don't tell me the party is different because this is the party, that is what it is like.  I am well aware that the Labour Party in the West of Scotland was the same but not where I live.  I hate identity politics but this is not of my creation.

That's quite a leap from everyday twitter maddies to elected officials. I'm not saying there are not suspect twitter feeds out there with agendas but to tar all SNP elected officials in central Scotland with the same brush is silly