Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This thread is about politics.

We disagree on everything.  Josh Windass.  Away strip colours.  Pre match songs.  That's three straight off the top of my head.

If people don't want to discuss the political aspect, the thread title's a giveaway.  Just avoid it.  

I don't go onto the ladies football thread and ask for it to be closed or tell people I'm not interested.  I just ignore it.  

From what I can gather it started on the cancellation of a proposed fan zone at Ibrox by the actions of Glasgow Councilors and descended into a full grown political issue and wandered away completely from the original debate.

If it is wished to make it a political thread the n perhaps it can be relocated to the Bluenose Lounge.

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This thread is about politics.

We disagree on everything.  Josh Windass.  Away strip colours.  Pre match songs.  That's three straight off the top of my head.

If people don't want to discuss the political aspect, the thread title's a giveaway.  Just avoid it.  

I don't go onto the ladies football thread and ask for it to be closed or tell people I'm not interested.  I just ignore it.  

You mean you miss all those nude Photo's:eek2:

:D

17 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No let's stick your 90/10 figures based on hee haw

Can’t see what the fuss is about. 90/10 seems entirely reasonable. Gonzo has an unerring instinct for these things.

What was the question again?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can’t see what the fuss is about. 90/10 seems entirely reasonable. Gonzo has an unerring instinct for these things.

I believe the question was "Can you breakdown the political leanings of the Rangers fans by plucking an unsubstantiated figure from thin air and thus claiming it as fact?"

Unerring indeed

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

You really are intelligent but why act as an ass. I get the feeling you are just trolling.

Let me tell you right off the top that the supporters of Rangers have kept this club going for 146 years so there is nothing that your whining voices will say that will remotely change the core of that support.
If you want to come and watch the team on a matchday you are more than welcome but for the rest of it leave it alone.
Out of interest you ask why ,you say, you can't be Rangers' supporter and be an SNP supporter. You are not that important in the overall scheme of things.
Just out of interest you might just cast your mind back to the introduction of this Act ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_Behaviour_at_Football_and_Threatening_Communications_(Scotland)_Act_2012 ..
You'll notice it was introduced by Kenny MacAskill, deputy FM. It was passed by 64(all SNP votes) to 57(opposition parties).
They brought this Act into being to rid Scottish football and society of sectarianism. It was pushed on by Community minister Roseanna Cunningham, who declared that the scourge of sectarianism would no longer be tolerated after the scenes seen in this game(a Party decision) ...

They thought that they could catch all the "bad" Rangers' supporters with this horrendous legislation, but it backfired on them because they caught more tims that they had expected. Maybe that's why Sheriffs and others were describing the Act as "mince".
Do you get the picture of why the Rangers' support have no trust in the entire SNP party when every single one of them voted for this Act? By the way, that was a Party vote rather than an individual vote. You getting the picture?
Then there are the rest of you who think that the Orange Order should just shrivel up and die and no longer be associated with the Rangers' support. Read this ...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/10/orange-order-pro-union-parade-edinburgh-better-together ..
For me the last two paragraphs sums up what that section of the support who wish that the support would all just play nice, really are...
..."Given that a lot of Catholics formed the traditional Labour vote after the first world war, and that Labour vote is now swinging towards independence, there could be a blowback that could work to the advantage of the yes campaign.
"The order is tolerated at best by mainstream pro-union backers, he adds. "It is not an exaggeration to say that respectable, bourgeois Scotland – much of which is behind Better Together – hate the Orange Order. These are not the people they want to have onside in the no campaign."

If the shoe fits wear it.
For myself, I shall just 'follow' on.