Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

7 minutes ago, Darthter said:

If you don't report a problem or complaint....how do you expect anything to change???

Take the thread topic for example.....Club1872 have officially reported the incident to the correct body.  Therefore, the report & incident should get dealt with properly & an outcome reached.

To many folk happy to moan about problems, but all to often can they be bothered to actually do anything about it.

I'd expect any organisation to take action against members who make bigoted comments publicly that are reported in the press. I wouldn't expect them to wait for an official complaint but would expect pro-active action to be taken. I'd also expect them to publicly discourage others from taking the same action.

As for these numerous complaints, perhaps you can prove that there were no complaints by official channels and that it wasn't the case of these many examples being swept under the table.

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'd expect any organisation to take action against members who make bigoted comments publicly that are reported in the press. I wouldn't expect them to wait for an official complaint but would expect pro-active action to be taken. I'd also expect them to publicly discourage others from taking the same action.

As for these numerous complaints, perhaps you can prove that there were no complaints by official channels and that it wasn't the case of these many examples being swept under the table.

I have no idea if there was or not....you'd need to ask the Party

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

What a dour, humourless existence it must be in the ScotNat world. But I think you've made that abundantly clear to everyone.

SNP Chimp.jpg

I would say its the complete opposite. I come from mixed family if Irish and Scots and my wife and her family are Irish therefore it's a mixed bag of Rangers and Celtic fans. We have all been on peaceful Independence marches and attended rallies and the overwhelming feeling is very positive and one of unity. On our last march my father (Rangers fan for 65 years) got spat on and abused by some lovely "Unionist" folk who took umbrage at a few people on a peaceful march. "Dour and humourless" wouldn't do these people justice. They just looked angry and violent

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

What about some example to prove that they aren't anti-Rangers?

I was actually about to pose a similar question....

What other parties (not individuals) openly back or support Rangers or at the very least not Anti-Rangers??

I don't believe, as a party, they are anti or pro ANY football team.  I honestly don't think they give two hoots.

13 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I would say its the complete opposite. I come from mixed family if Irish and Scots and my wife and her family are Irish therefore it's a mixed bag of Rangers and Celtic fans. We have all been on peaceful Independence marches and attended rallies and the overwhelming feeling is very positive and one of unity. On our last march my father (Rangers fan for 65 years) got spat on and abused by some lovely "Unionist" folk who took umbrage at a few people on a peaceful march. "Dour and humourless" wouldn't do these people justice. They just looked angry and violent

To be fair, you come across as a real happy-go-lucky sort ?

17 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

On our last march my father (Rangers fan for 65 years) got spat on and abused by some lovely "Unionist" folk who took umbrage at a few people on a peaceful march. "Dour and humourless" wouldn't do these people justice. They just looked angry and violent

So far we've got DUP, Tommy Robinson and one bloke who spat on someone representing Unionists.

Seems very objective.  

Don't go on divisive marches if you don't want to annoy people, is my advice.  We had a vote, now give it a rest.