Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

We knew their weakest point was the defence, yet we opted not to test it! SG must take some blame, surrendering the midfield.

This. At no time were their defender on the ball or asked to make decisions. Our set up allowed their best player (Ntcham) to dictate play 

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

We knew their weakest point was the defence, yet we opted not to test it! SG must take some blame, surrendering the midfield.

Not really. You have to give it to them, since they pushed us back all day long. IMHO, Kent wasn't the right chap to stop Tierney, their wingers were nigh almost on top of us. We sure lacked a player in the middle to take up the ball and responsibility ... some to keep it there. As is often tha case, those earmarked for that were injured at the "right" time, namely Coulibaly and Rossiter. So it was them being on top of us rather than us "not testing them"

BTW, I do have a special MC commemorating the 92/93 season and we played a League Cup game there against them at Ibrox, won 1-0 and they battered us left, right and centre. But we won.  I reckon SG and his team will have learned a lot about the OF today.

Edited by der Berliner

11 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

This. At no time were their defender on the ball or asked to make decisions. Our set up allowed their best player (Ntcham) to dictate play 

I agree we did allow their deep playmakers to dictate play, but I would much rather -- If we're not going to press them -- we gave them the ball deep and marked their passing options. I felt we did that. Broon and Ntcham had plenty of time of the ball but McGregor, Rogic and that other one were never in the game. 

On a wee sidenote, this was our 13th game of the season, it is September 2nd, BTW. We've just been back from a 6.000 mile journey from the middle of no-where, having had to play with 9 men. Our third difficult away game on the trott. Call it what you will, but that scheduling by the SFA was as shyte as the man in black today.

Just now, der Berliner said:

On a wee sidenote, this was our 13th game of the season, it is September 2nd, BTW. We've just been back from a 6.000 mile journey from the middle of no-where, having had to play with 9 men. Our third difficult away game on the trott. Call it what you will, but that scheduling by the SFA was as shyte as the man in black today.

Can you at least try and be objective? You’re a robot