Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I thought the contain tactic was OK, it was the out-ball that was atrocious; we couldn't go anywhere when we got the ball and gave it back. 

The front players were to isolated too get any quality coming out of defence. Along with the 2nd half with Motherwell, that's 2 games that we've squandered the midfield for long balls. I hope this is not a sign of things to come because we have Lafferty ie. A big guy up front

I've watched Walters teams over the years , packed with superstars put in worse performances than that , ok we won a lot but we also got scudded in a lot , it's all about perspective , their teams has players that have played together for nearly 2-3 years and no each other , we had a whole new team playing , we will get stronger , I firmly believe it .

Doubt we defended that deep on purpose, but we contained them rather well. People will drum on that on cahnces and shots and whatnot they deserve the win, but essentially all the aforementioned win you nothing if the other side defends equally well ... and not just clinging to it.

A refereeing error cost us the game today, right where we were vulnerable most (and the Yahoos stepped back at the time on purpose no doubt, trying to lure us out). In turn he gave us nothing in their half or close to the area. But he didn't see Christie's dive from 5 yards away. If shyte was black, it would have a different name.

It's disappointing but it's not going to define our season. We have still to field our strongest 11 and now we have a break to regroup. I think Coulibaly could have changed the complexion of this game plus with others still to come into the mix just two or 3 changes in starting personnel can make a striking difference.

I'm still confident of a good season and a run at the title. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hope no one is going to be naive enough to be unreasonably disappointed after that. We all wanted a win but better Rangers teams than this have come away with worse results from Parkhead. It’s a work in progress and very early days but our improvement is obvious. 

I think it's fair game to be disappointed in the performance than the score tbh. At no time were their back 4 on the ball and thus under no pressure. The high balls from the back are a worry for me.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

You cannot explain it away like that; they had a game on Thursday too, one in which they were under pressure to perform.

You can explain it , they were at home , playing in front of their own fans , in a game against a very poor team , they were in their beds by 11 o'clock , we player 53 minutes with 10 men , then 9 men against a decent team ,away from home , you would be lucky if they got to their beds before 5am .

you simply cannot ignore that , the percentage of teams that play away games in Europe and drop points next game is astonishingly high .

im as disappointed as anyone .

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

I've watched Walters teams over the years , packed with superstars put in worse performances than that , ok we won a lot but we also got scudded in a lot , it's all about perspective , their teams has players that have played together for nearly 2-3 years and no each other , we had a whole new team playing , we will get stronger , I firmly believe it .

Of the last 5-0 defeat, only Tavernier was playing today. That should tell us a lot. 

Just now, rbr said:

You can explain it , they were at home , playing in front of their own fans , in a game against a very poor team , they were in their beds by 11 o'clock , we player 53 minutes with 10 men , then 9 men against a decent team ,away from home , you would be lucky if they got to their beds before 5am .

you simply cannot ignore that , the percentage of teams that play away games in Europe and drop points next game is astonishingly high .

im as disappointed as anyone .

Fatigue might have been a factor but I think our tactics played into their hands tbh.

The only positive I can take is they battered us for an hour and it took a break from a foul for them to score. 

We need to see so much more when we have the ball, though. I didn't expect a high-pressing game after the mid-week exertions, but the long diagonal to Lafferty -- OK in itself -- didn't bear much fruit.