Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

1 minute ago, The Shed said:

I think Collum was ok today.....sure he could have given a foul on Jack, maybe it was maybe it wasn't.....tell you what though, he was a lot close to the incident than Stevie G or the fourth official....looking at the game overall, it wasn't the ref that cost us today.

Agreed. Let's not forget he had every right to send our keeper off if he or the other officials had seen it.

Said it also on the main thread but if we are looking at the ref for reasons why we lost today, IMO we are looking in the wrong place

39 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

How do you square that peg? They didn't score in the last minute. There was 30 mins left so by the law averages there was a pretty decent chance they would have scored after this incident

But they didn’t score.

The result was 1-0 and the goal was one that shouldn’t have stood.

3 minutes ago, StuGers said:

But they didn’t score.

The result was 1-0 and the goal was one that shouldn’t have stood.

If that incident ended with nothing they would have kept pushing for the goal. Once they scored they sat back somewhat,

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Last thought on today , and for me this puts everything into perspective , they spent more on Edouard , than we have assembling an  entire squad , just let that sink in a moment .

We have had 1 transfer widow and 13 weeks under the new management team,we have undertaken a program of games, including becoming the first British team , and only 8th team in history to qualify for the Europa group stages from the 1st qualifying round  ,and we have went to 3 away grounds in the opening 4 weeks .

I am fully optimistic that this is going to be a successful season .

18 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

If that incident ended with nothing they would have kept pushing for the goal. Once they scored they sat back somewhat,

Of course they would have thats the object of the game after all. But theres a big difference between pushing for a goal and actually scoring one. I personally think they could have played all day and not scored against our defensive set up. StuGer point is correct no one actually knows, including Stevie G, why the ref allows play on when the other officials are indicating that the ball has been fouled. Further on that, although IMO Ejaria didn't have a good game, I fully believe that if he makes a tackle on either Rogic or Ncham as they are breaking then Willie Collum would have sent him off. I have absolutely no doubts about that!

Edited by Big Jaws

I haven't read back so apologies if any of this has been said.  Overall I am not too disappointed.  We defended very well.  The inexperience of the team showed and I think we were a bit overawed at times but we didn't implode like previous seasons.  I am also sure that tiredness was a factor. We will grow from this and by the time we play them again we will have a few months of playing together under our belt.  I was disappointed with the starting line up and hoped to see Candeias starting as he takes the pressure off Tav.  I thought Kent should have gone at half time and Arfield was very disappointing.  The manager was far too late with his subs and I hope he learns much from this experience today.