Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

1 hour ago, Big Jaws said:

Hereing theres been an incident of crushing with 5 injured in todays home support at Park head.

The passageways between their North Stand & the cemetery?

No big surprise there. One of the reasons the San Giro was initially refused a fire safety certificate after it was rebuilt in the 1990’s. 

2 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Advocaat lost 5-1 on his first visit to parkhead. Still a long season ahead.

We have taken some humpings at the piggery, and with better teams than we had on the park today. Another one that springs to mind when Advocaat was in charge, was the 6-2 the day Fernando was hooked. Bobby Peta was  destroying him (I know ,ffs), but that can happen on your first visit there, players can freeze. It happens the other way round, Reggie Blinker at Ibrox in Walters last season  first time round, the day Gough scored, springs to mind.  

That was my only fear before kick off today, that some, in what is virtually  a new team, might freeze. I didn't see any sign of that today, it was a difficult game for them, and for various reasons (talked about in length elsewhere here), we were not at it in some departments, but we didn't freeze, and nobody was hiding or giving less than 100%. Contrast that with some of the games against them last season and in particular the 1-5 at Ibrox. We were on the verge of total capitulation that day,  at one point they were looking at not just their best win ever at Ibrox, but their best win ever against us anywhere! The players were at odds with the manager, not playing for each other or the jersey, and looking a beaten team from the minute they stepped on the pitch. None of that was evident today. We were not great today, but we're better, and will get better yet.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

The passageways between their North Stand & the cemetery?

No big surprise there. One of the reasons the San Giro was initially refused a fire safety certificate after it was rebuilt in the 1990’s. 

There could be a catastrophe at that place if that’s what’s happening? They should be spending millions on their ramshackle piggery to stop this!

14 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

There could be a catastrophe at that place if that’s what’s happening? They should be spending millions on their ramshackle piggery to stop this!

I’ve not been there since the 1993 LC final between us & Hibz. And I won’t be going there ever again. Glad today’s problems didn’t involve our travelling support 

Edited by RANGERRAB

2 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Frustrating day. We were just starting to come into it when we lost the goal. Looked like a foul on Jack too.

No white flag waving though. We'll beat them at Ibrox in December 

Need a decent run before then 

A setback but not a disaster