Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

22 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

But they have been gunning us at Hampden, porkheid, and Ibrox when we have had big supports. I think today it was confirmed that despite obvious progress we have a good bit to go. Decent European teams go there with small supports and do better than we did today. 

Agreed. We did not play poorly because of the lack of travelling fans. There are many factors but that's not one of them

30 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Great post Doc. The score didn't dissappoint me as much the performance tbh. You've outlined some very rational points that relate to our defeat but there are few things that mildly troubled me today.

1. Lafferty. I wonder what the future set up will be to get the best out of him (Hearts form). The long ball tactic was overused today. I hope it was due to the state of the game (being pressed by them) as opposed to a deliberate ploy because we now have a big guy up front. 

2. Coulibaly. He has been a big loss but regardless of where we are in our development, I would be hoping that we are building a team/squad that's performance will not alter dramatically based on one absentee. 

3. Their defence. All in all I think I'm just dissappointed that we allowed their back line such an easy game. It's clearly their weakest area and one that we did not trouble in the slightest.

I went into todays game with hope. Not necassarily hope that we were going to win. More hope of a better OF performance and us leaving the pitch having had given them something to really think about. That clearly did not happen. 

For some, it seems, the pendulum swings but one way. Over the last few seasons we battered other teams like they did today with us, sometimes winning narrowly, sometimes drawing, and sometimes even losing. And WE were always "poor" for those aforementioned some. There was a whole lot speaking against us getting a win over there today, all of which has been listed above. The glee oozing out of certain mouths and various reports will add more insult to injury, but that's to be expected from that lot, classless as they are. As I said above, when you listen to SG after the game, he analyzed it rather well ... and well enough even for those who have us down at being "poor" no matter what. Perhaps those chaps should start to listen and drink his words, rather than dwelling on their continual gloom. At the end of the day, even with today's game, those two fortunate late equalizers in Sheepland and  Fir Park stopped us from being level on points in 2nd spot ... and that after 3 difficult away ties during the first 4 match days. We'll get some rest now and take it on from there.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

For some, it seems, the pendulum swings but one way. Over the last few seasons we battered other teams like they did today with us, sometimes winning narrowly, sometimes drawing, and sometimes even losing. And WE were always "poor" for those aforementioned some. There was a whole lot speaking against us getting a win over there today, all of which has been listed above. The glee oozing out of certain mouths and various reports will add more insult to injury, but that's to be expected from that lot, classless as they are. As I said above, when you listen to SG after the game, he analyzed it rather well ... and well enough even for those who have us down at being "poor" no matter what. Perhaps those chaps should start to listen and drink his words, rather than dwelling on their continual gloom. At the end of the day, even with today's game, those two fortunate late equalizers in Sheepland and  Fir Park stopped us from being level on points in 2nd spot ... and that after 3 difficult away ties during the first 4 match days. We'll get some rest now and take it on from there.

You can't dress it up any other way. We were piss poor today. As we were in the 2nd half against Motherwell. We just need to regroup and start getting pts on the board. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

You can't dress it up any other way. We were piss poor today. As we were in the 2nd half against Motherwell. We just need to regroup and start getting pts on the board. 

Your opinion is your prerogative, as craig usually puts it. Don't expect that people will agree though. And IMHO, you are wrong.

1 hour ago, barca72 said:

Well done to the gallant 800 for keeping their cool in front of extreme provocation. Andy Halliday got a red card against Morton for this kind of celebration.
Over to you Madame Compliance Officer.

They didn't keep cool a group of ignorant idiots rushed to the front where the wheelchair platform pushing, knocking and hitting the wheelchair fans resulting in two severely disabled fans being injured and badly shaken up.

6 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Peak athletic performance is entirely dependent on a persons sleep cycle and can vary across the day by as much as 26%. 

EDIT: Its technical name is the circadian cycle and or circadian phenotype.

Agree the sport where yo see that has probably the most well trained athlete is Ice speed skating. A part of there training is sleeping

9 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

They didn't keep cool a group of ignorant idiots rushed to the front where the wheelchair platform pushing, knocking and hitting the wheelchair fans resulting in two severely disabled fans being injured and badly shaken up.

Sorry to hear that Forlan

On a side note...Do Celtic generally do lap of honour after securing 3pts in a league game? 

59 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Sorry to hear that FS. In the video I only saw them being harnessed by the police cordon.

What Brown & co. were doing was, I thought, severe provocation to the fans. However, that does not excuse them(the fans) hurting their own.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Oh dear.

We wanted to sell thousands more season tickets.  You know, for about 19 matches a year.

Doubt it would make much sense to change our mind, about that, based on two matches a year.

I know why it was done, I just think it's a mistake to diminish the only thing that this league has to offer the wider football world, and reducing the opposing support to virtually nothing, diminishes it.  I wouldn't be surprised if in the not too distant future Sky will be informing the clubs the same. That's my opinion, I'm entitled to it as are you to yours, so don't be giving it the 'Oh dear'  shite.