Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

51 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Yes we did. They couldn't score without the help of the refs turnover.

When in position they managed a whole three shots on target.

Sick of our fans tbh. Wage bill of 56m against our 18m and we have to play them off the park away from home.

They couldn't get through today. We held them and our game plan was working. You will always need a little luck.

The ref ignored the fourth official and was very like some of our fans ready to give a foul against Morelos before he moved.

If that is all they have the league is ours ????????

They did get through though. They hit the bar 3 times and had countless opportunities. Our game plan didn't save us, the woodwork did. If the game pkan is merely containing I'm surprised. Today was a mulligan for us. We should have surprised them by being more offensive. If we had lost by a heavier margin, so be it but my biggest dissappointment was we didn't give them anything to think about. It was like watching a game from last season. 

37 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

The ref was very close to the incident; he is not going to listen to a linesman who is 40 yards away, only if he is in a similarly disadvantageous position. It was a mistake, not corruption - he booked Brown and didn't send McGregor off which many others anywhere might have done. BTW Willie Miller thought both Ajer andMcgregor were at it.

That would be the same referee who did not see Christie's dive later in the game from the same close distance? Just saying.

IMHO, SG said what needed to be said from my perspective of the game. Most of their chaps have played 150 games with one another, tons of OF experience. Our squad has been together for 15 odd games and a few months, 

I had expected the match to play out more or less like this.  The exception being that I thought we would sneak a goal instead of them.  The manager probably won't admit it but Thursday will have limited our approach to the game.

Some positives and negatives to take from the game.  Despite the result my confidence in the defence has increased.  Barisic let the quality of his crosses drop though.

giphy.gif