[FT] Rangers 5 - 1 St Johnstone (Tavernier 9, Morelos 33, Arfield 51, Lafferty 73, Candeias 79)

11 minutes ago, DMAA said:

But what the table shows is that the points total doesn't tell the whole story.

Aberdeen and Celtic have no less than they deserve given their goals for and against, whilst we look unlucky (bad decisions at the sheep pen) to be in the position we are in.

I see what you are getting at but bottomline, points are the whole story.

We need to start winning away games (and maintain our home form when better teams come calling).

With the European matches, it won't be easy and a lot will depend on keeping enough good players fit.

But have to say, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

This Rangers team seems to get better every week.

For the first time in years we are able to make a handful of changes without sacrificing the quality.

The media are forever telling us that Celtic without doubt have the strongest squad in Scotland in fact some pundits made claims that it would cost Rangers £100m to catch them. Well looking at the following:

McGregor or Gordon

Tavernier / Flanagan or Lustig

Barisic / Flanagan or Tierney

Goldson/Katic/Worrall or Boyata/Hendry/Benkovic

Coulibaly/Arfield/Ejaria/Jack/Dorrans/Halliday/Rossiter or Brown/Rogic/McGregor/Mulumbu/Morgan

Kent/Candieas/Grezda or Forrest/Sinclair/Christie

Morelos/Lafferty ro Edouard/Griffiths

I would say there ain't much between the match squads.

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We're 5 points behind Hearts and haven't won an away game yet.

Although things look promising, I don't think we should be jumping the gun.

100% agreed. One game at a time for me. Just keep drumming into the players the importance of winning. If we do that, the rest will look after itself.

1 minute ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

This Rangers team seems to get better every week.

For the first time in years we are able to make a handful of changes without sacrificing the quality.

The media are forever telling us that Celtic without doubt have the strongest squad in Scotland in fact some pundits made claims that it would cost Rangers £100m to catch them. Well looking at the following:

McGregor or Gordon

Tavernier / Flanagan or Lustig

Barisic / Flanagan or Tierney

Goldson/Katic/Worrall or Boyata/Hendry/Benkovic

Coulibaly/Arfield/Ejaria/Jack/Dorrans/Halliday/Rossiter or Brown/Rogic/McGregor/Mulumbu/Morgan

Kent/Candieas/Grezda or Forrest/Sinclair/Christie

Morelos/Lafferty ro Edouard/Griffiths

I would say there ain't much between the match squads.

I think the difference is they seem to have tricky players like McGregor, Ntchan, Forrest and Rogic that will create things out of nothing. I would say that is the where we are slightly lacking but I hope Grezda/Middleton/Kent/Ejaria can be our wild cards. Saying that we have a better back 4/5. I suppose it's about balance

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think the difference is they seem to have tricky players like McGregor, Ntchan, Forrest and Rogic that will create things out of nothing. I would say that is the where we are slightly lacking but I hope Grezda/Middleton/Kent/Ejaria can be our wild cards. Saying that we have a better back 4/5. I suppose it's about balance

Ah I forgot Ntcham (who I think on his day is a great player btw).

I would say we have a far better back 5 (Tierney is so over rated)

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

We're 5 points behind Hearts and haven't won an away game yet.

Although things look promising, I don't think we should be jumping the gun.

Well, we brushed a team called Kilmarnock aside in the League Cup not too long ago. Not the league, but close enough. ? And we were robbed in Donsland ...

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Create. 

Like 6 goals in 6 games. Or 1 in 3 away games. 

I think creating is there big issue.