Change for the semi-finals?

31 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I have read ra Sellik's statement.

I hope it was penned in green ink.

I love the use of the word, 'diktat'. I wonder if they are capable of including the word, 'cahoots' in their next statement?

In other words they donèt like the fact that Liewell could not control the outcome.

If the SPFL board are voted on by the clubs to conduct business on their behalf at what point are they allowed to do so without the threat of court action from one prominent club.

• By: Newsroom Staff on 03 Oct, 2018 19:27

• FOLLOWING today's SPFL Board meeting, at which it was decided that Celtic's Betfred League Cup semi-final against Hearts will now take place at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh on Sunday, October 28, with the other semi-final between Rangers and Aberdeen being held at Hampden later the same day, Celtic Football Club has released the following statement.

The SPFL Board's decision not to hold a ballot to decide the venues of the forthcoming semi-final matches is both irrational and discriminatory.

Celtic recognised there was a genuinely difficult problem to resolve. All we asked for was equity of treatment – in other words, a simple ballot of which game went to which venue, so that all clubs would have a 50-50 chance of playing at Hampden.

We understand that those bodies consulted, including the police and broadcasters, had no preference whatsoever on which match should take place at each venue and, therefore, there was only one appropriate method of reaching a fair outcome.

The SPFL Board have been unable to produce logic or reason for turning down our modest request. Instead, they have arbitrarily decided that a chosen game should stay at Hampden and the other should go to Murrayfield.

The interests of our club and supporters have been subordinated to a diktat from the SPFL board which is as unfair as it was unnecessary.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell was excused from the SPFL board meeting due to the subject under discussion.

Talk about Irish vicTIMhood ...

Web results

A diktat is a statute, harsh penalty or settlement imposed upon a defeated party by the victor, or a dogmatic decree. The term has acquired a pejorative sense, to describe a set of rules dictated by a foreign power or an unpopular local power.

I think this has got to the point where the silence from Ibrox has to be taken as proof that the entire affair has been stage-managed for our benefit. At least I hope that's the conclusion reached by the other three clubs.

The SFA get a lot of well deserved criticism, but it must be almost impossible to run Scottish football with all these paranoid nutcases in charge of clubs. They couldn’t play the semis on the Saturday, so had to play both on the Sunday. They were contractually obliged to use Hampden for Rangers & Celtic games if the police didn’t object. Surprisingly the cops never objected at first, common sense having long ago been replaced with hippy dippy blue sky thinking at police Scotland. The SPFL had no choice, and must have been relieved when the cops changed their mind. Any other country though, all the fans would have been looking forward to this festival of football at their national stadium!

Lawwells latest statement is ludicrous, but hopefully shows he is losing control of the SFA. We should release a statement saying we would have welcomed a game at Murrayfield as our fans can sell out any ground in the country..

Anyway, Murrayfield is a lucky ground for Celtic. They lost 6-1 to Legia Warsaw there, but still went through to the next round cos Legia made an illegal substitution there 5 minutes from the end ☹️

One must marvel at Nestle, there's a diktat for everyone. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, orange flavoured, mint flavoured, cookies and cream flavoured, ...... etc.

There's even a Discriminatory Diktat, wrapped in vivid green'n'grey packaging. 

Peter has a break, has a diktat.

Maybe Liewell is lying very well.

Taking advantage of a situation to make it seem as if his club don't really have disproportionate sway on the 6th floor at Hampden :whistle:

Edited by buster.

I hear Brenda is complaining that it should be a neutral venue. Last I checked it is. I think i'm also right in saying that the yahoos have played as many if not more games at Hampden in the past year than Hearts have at Murrayfield.

I sense the fear in Brenda these days. He may be right in covertly suggesting that Hearts get a modicum of an advantage playing at Murrayfield perhaps crowd wise. But no different from the advantage he has at Hampden where they even have an 'end' that's considered 'theirs'

I hope Hearts absolutely batter them and think they can.