The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Unfortunately I do believe we may sell Morelos next month & replace him with Solanke(on loan) & recall Hardie from Livi. 

My other guess is we’ll get Steven Davis on loan from Southampton for the final months of his contract there.

Just guesswork. But these signings would improve us in my opinion 

Is that possible? How many loans do we have at the moment?

28 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is that possible? How many loans do we have at the moment?

I believe we’re allowed 5 loan-signings.

At present we’ve got 3 loanees: Kent, Coulibally & Worrall. Ejaria & Sadiq have either left or leaving.

That would allow us to make 2 loan signings next month should we wish to do so 

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I believe we’re allowed 5 loan-signings.

At present we’ve got 3 loanees: Kent, Coulibally & Worrall. Ejaria & Sadiq have either left or leaving.

That would allow us to make 2 loan signings next month should we wish to do so 

Magic. Forgot Sadiq was ditched ?

Polster and Gutman update

For the past week, Americans Matt Polstar and Andrew Gutman have been on trial in Scotland with Rangers, a team now coached by Steven Gerrard. Polster is finishing up his contract with the Chicago Fire while Andrew Gutman is a potential Chicago homegrown but has not signed yet with the club. Gutman recently completed his collegiate career with Indiana University where he was one of the best defenders in the NCAA and was nominated for the Herman Trophy.

ASN has heard that offers have been made to both Polster and Gutman but nothing is determined yet whether or not they sign. The best guess is that Gutman signs with Rangers while Polster is more 50/50 at the moment. If either decide to sign with Rangers, they would need need to go through an appeals process to obtain a U.K. work permit - which is easier to do in Scotland than England. 

The backline for Chicago needs a ton of work heading into 2019.

http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/thoughts-on-de-boer-and-updates-on-guttman-polster-perez-amp-sonora

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Over on FF the rumour goes that the Tom Eaves deal is nearly done, as well as Davis' ... and also that some Craig Bryson is on the way north. Have you heard about any of those?

Yes but nothing concrete 

Chuck in Shinnie & we have a rumours hat trick

To my knowledge the only one ‘close’ is Davis & possibly Jones though that has died down 

No surprise Shinnie, Bryson, Kamara etc are being ‘Sounded out’ it’s bosman time after all