The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Before spending one more penny on new players, I'd first like to hear our manager identify the causes of the mental weakness that appears to be at the root of our inconsistencies. There must come a point where repeatedly describing the problems facing us is replaced by describing the solutions to those problems. There's a very familiar repetitiveness to the cycle of promise and disappointment we hear in every post match interview.

Loans of Dallas and McCrorie and arrival of Firth added to OP:

Methinks there was talk that if Foderingham can arrange a suitable deal away from Ibrox, we won't stand in his way. Polster's deal is essentially done, probably awaiting clearances.

51 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Loans of Dallas and McCrorie and arrival of Firth added to OP:

Methinks there was talk that if Foderingham can arrange a suitable deal away from Ibrox, we won't stand in his way. Polster's deal is essentially done, probably awaiting clearances.

He has clearance he has just to round his personal things up and join up.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Before spending one more penny on new players, I'd first like to hear our manager identify the causes of the mental weakness that appears to be at the root of our inconsistencies. There must come a point where repeatedly describing the problems facing us is replaced by describing the solutions to those problems. There's a very familiar repetitiveness to the cycle of promise and disappointment we hear in every post match interview.

With that general point in mind, I'd cite Glen Kamara as someone to watch.

Why ?

Because he has shown himself to be brave wrt to taking possession in tight areas and relatively good at retaining that possession and moving the ball on.

Can he do the same at Rangers with the added pressure that comes with the shirt ?

Docherty would be a good option for our diamond: has the energy to play in one of the wide roles, and an attacking threat at the tip of the diamond.

Are we still in for Jake Cooper from Millwall? I was watching him in their FA Cup game against Everton. He looks quite a unit. Although, I'm not sure about his passing as they just launch it long all the time. He's won everything in the air, though, and covering well. 

On 25/01/2019 at 16:09, compo said:

Imagine its you who's buying what position would you strengthen,  I personally would try to get a cool headed defender who is a good reader of a game , mind you they are rare these day's  .

I think we've already bought that player, and his name is Gareth McAuley  ?.

But as is being proved , pace is also essential.

1 hour ago, Franc Ergs said:

But as is being proved , pace is also essential.

Especially as he covers the right side of defence where his right back is more often than not up-field hence the need for Candeias to start each game