is brown worth 5 million?

as much as id like to sign scott brown i have to say he seems a bit over priced. I said in an earlier thread that we would have to pay him 25k a week to get at ibrox but i certainly dont think we should pay the sort of of money being banded about for him. Think 3.5 to 4 mill max would be a fair price. just wondered what everyone else thought.

IMO, he's worth no more than £3million.

He's fine young player with loads of potential. He's also a player that would fit into our team perfectly. However, his high wage, high transfer fee and his lack of genuine top-level experience means to spend the kind of money being talked about is very risky.

I would really like him for 3 to 3.5M. Above that, and I think we can get a better player from Europe, possilby with more potential to sell on.

But if we've 5M to spend, it would probably be better spent on 2 or 3 players, than one with potential.

BTW How much is Fletcher worth?

Guest gerbilly

5 mill? personally I'd say yes,I reckon he's a cracking player and just what we need, a young guy with drive and passion for the game and I'll be gutted if he sings for the darkside,

I'd have thought 2.5 - 3M is a fair price. So on one hand I'm glad we're not paying over the odds for him. On the other though, he is young and so we would probably be able to sell him on.

Besides, say our budget for him was 3M. We're freeing up 30K a week from Klos' wages, so over a year, paying the extra is probably well within our reach.

If we miss out on him, I think its a huge, negative message to send out to the fans. Regardless of the money involved, its pretty depressing as I think he's exactly the sort of player we've been missing for years.

5 million - Not a chance!!!

When Blackburn can get Benni McCarthy for 2.5 mill who is a champions league winner and scores 16 goals in the EPL, Brown is hardly worth double that.

He needs to go onto the next stage from Hibs. He has done a good job for them but his next move will show how good a player he is.

Damion Duff and William Gallas were also 5 million pound players this season.

Brown is not worth �£5M but is a very decent player and a brilliant prospect. Given WS restricted transfer budget (rumoured to be anything up to �£10M, I'd go for a bit less than that tho), we simply couldn't afford to spend half the budget on one player, who due to his age and temper is a 'gamble' at that price (and wages).

What we need if we spend that type of money on one player is someone who is almosr guarenteed to fit in and deliver from day 1. That one 'big signing' could be Koevermans, it may be someone else, but it certainly isn't and rightly so given the above, Brown.

Cammy F