[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')
1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Kent is the clear man of the match.

I was really impressed with Jack, though. He was playing as an 8 in the 4-3-3, and then a box-to-box 6 in the 4-4-2. His control and creativity was brilliant. 

Jack is under-rated IMO.  He cleans things up defensively, positions himself well... but also has the ability to create space for himself and find vertical passes which take 2 or 3 players out of the game.

... the talk will about the penalties, no matter what. IMHO, only the one Tav missed was "soft" ... and Defoe wasn't actually claiming one either. Strange - and it will probably not be worth a mention by the debating experts -that Tansey didn't get even a yellow for giving away two kicks, when we have seen Reds being given for similar.

Solid and dominant performance, could have been much worse for Saints. Too bad Hibs lost at home to Aberdeen ...

The BBC were sure to include in their report that St Mirren contested 3 of the penalties. Given that about 90% of penalties are contested I wonder if they always remember to include it in their match reports? ?

45 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Kent is the clear man of the match.

I was really impressed with Jack, though. He was playing as an 8 in the 4-3-3, and then a box-to-box 6 in the 4-4-2. His control and creativity was brilliant. 

Makes you wonder how Kamara will fit into this scenario - nice problem to have, as they say.

Edited by alexscottislegend

ST

Morelos

Defoe

LM - LCM - RCM - RM

Kent - Arfield - Davis - Candeias

Middleton - Jack - Kamara - Grezda

DM

McCrorie

Jack

Two players for the key positions in midfield. Good options.

Who am I missing?

Dorrans can play deep or further forward. 

Edit: Coulibaly. :ninja: I see Kamara as the player SG wanted Coulibaly to be; his loan will not be made permanent, IMO.