[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

35 minutes ago, craig said:

If you didn’t see it mate it was 4-0 going on 10

I didn’t see it, rarely get to games due to having a very young family so normally watch the game on Rangers tv through the week bit by bit. 

I noticed the shots on goal and on target was much more like it at 25 and 11. Very rare for us to manage that. Possession was very low at 53% though. An interesting contrast to Celtic who won by the same margin a week and a half ago with 72% possession and 20 shots and 9 on target. 

Edited by DMAA

36 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Very good performance today. Puts pressure on the chasing pack and the team above us.. 

Could be the start of a decent run. Wednesday is a massive game with three 'easier' games to follow 

Let's hope so.

This week is HUGE regards staying in contention for silverware.

We'll need to put in two top performances in 4 days at difficult away venues.

In other words, more or less break new ground.

1 hour ago, craig said:

I find it hard to take you seriously after a very comfortable 4-0 win that you can’t get behind a manager because he “dropped” Candeais.

Of course, the reality is probably far, far different to the simple “he didn’t play so was dropped” mantra.

My take ok it, only an opinion same as yours, is that Candeias is a high energy player every single minute of every single game he plays.  And Gerrard possibly looked at a) home game b) against weaker opponents c) where I likely Tav would need as much defensive cover and thought “I’ll rest (not drop) Candeais because we have a very important game at Pittodrie midweek where he will be needed - and a rest means he will be fit, 100% and raring to go”.

i don’t think Candeais was dropped at all.

Gerrard is anything but stupid.  The fact his team won 4-0 today, without the player (for much of the game) you are calling him stupid for makes you look silly, not Gerrard.

A very fair assesement if we ignore the killie game.

Oh and the other time he dropped him and we drew 3 each with motherwell. 

He may not be stupid but dropping candeias is utter stupidity. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I didn’t see it, rarely get to games due to having a very young family so normally watch the game on Rangers tv through the week bit by bit. 

I noticed the shots on goal and on target was much more like it at 25 and 11. Very rare for us to manage that. Possession was very low at 53% though. An interesting contrast to Celtic who won by the same margin a week and a half ago with 72% possession and 20 shots and 9 on target. 

No idea where the possession stat comes from - seems very low to me

24 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

A very fair assesement if we ignore the killie game.

Oh and the other time he dropped him and we drew 3 each with motherwell. 

He may not be stupid but dropping candeias is utter stupidity. 

Aye, because away to Killie and away to Motherwell would be similar to a home game against St Mirren....

You can say it as often as you like, but we've played how many matches this season ?  And you've cherry picked 3, one of which was a very convincing 4-0 win.

You're a smart guy GS, so I just can't understand how you can't see that it is very likely (IMO, and I guess we will find out at Pittodrie) that he is saving Candeais for Aberdeen.  I'd be almost certain he starts.

If we NEED Candeais to ensure a win at home to a struggling St Mirren then we may as well just give it up for the season.

It's nonsense, IMO of course.

3 times hes dropped him. I cant read it any other way. 

Who are the other star players who have been benched in league matches?

Everytime we have played 2 strikers candeias has been benched. 

You are equally bright Craig. You should easily see this for what it really is. 

Candeias should be the first name on the team sheet if you ask me and i would question any manager who cant see that. 

Today was a thumping. We got away with it but were still better once he came on. The previous 2 occasions led to 5 points dropped. 

Interesting to read foregoing posts,missed first penalty due to delays in transport,second looked correct from where I sit,third Candeias fought to win ball just outside box and was brought down as he moved with ball into box and the hand ball one was inside corner of box.

As I sit in line with eighteen yard line I would have to be proved wrong by tv replays which Sportscene will no doubt show over and over.

Dallas totally inconsistent with his control and bookings which were so bad it was laughable.

All over the team played well.