Graeme Shinnie

Barisic hasn't set the heather on fire just yet, but injuries have held him back. The jury is sure out on him. That said, Halliday was immense today and offers that versatility that Shinnie may provide too. That said, both would be rather similar and you wonder whether Shinnie would actually depose Halliday in this squad. We shall see.

Halliday has done fine at LB.  and Barisic is better than shinnie IMO.

in midfield we already have Kamara (fine start for us), Jack, McCorie, Rossiter for those positions.

It isn’t a Shinnie type player we need, it’s a creative midfielder.

17 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

If we really want to torment them, take Lewis Ferguson; he has great potential and may have more to offer creatively.

We'd have to pay the bastards a transfer fee for Ferguson. Shinnie would be a Bosman, and would join us for free: a double dunt for the rubes.

I'm not saying we should sign him, mind; on that I remain to be convinced. 

3 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

If we really want to torment them, take Lewis Ferguson; he has great potential and may have more to offer creatively.

As Uilleam points out the lack of transfer fee is what will torment them.

Besides, I don't really want Ferguson as that will result in a torrent of information flowing from our dressing room to the B.B.C. and the Daily Record.

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Barisic hasn't set the heather on fire just yet, but injuries have held him back. The jury is sure out on him. That said, Halliday was immense today and offers that versatility that Shinnie may provide too. That said, both would be rather similar and you wonder whether Shinnie would actually depose Halliday in this squad. We shall see.

Halliday had no defensive roll today it was easy to be good. That said he has been producing more than Baricic recently.

Shinnie's positions definitely aren't ones we desperately need to strengthen and there's an argument to say let's concentrate our resources on the weaker positions.

However (annoying the life out of Aberdeen fans aside) Shinnie has leadership qualities to go along with a lot of ability and he's definitely a player I could see being part of a league winning squad. 

Sadly I doubt he'll choose to invite so much (pathetic) hatred upon himself if he has options in England though.

Edited by DMAA