Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee (Kamara 4; Tavernier 8; Morelos 23; Defoe 89)

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Scraping through tonight isn't enough, we need to win comfortably and send a message to Celtic and Lennon that we're breathing down their necks and from here on in we are on league winning form.

As an extension to this, we need to be in the mindset of thinking about goal difference with these games. Celtic won this fixture 5-0 and (although every game is different and unpredictable) I think Gerrard will and should be going in aiming for something similar to close the goal difference gap which has opened up.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

As an extension to this, we need to be in the mindset of thinking about goal difference with these games. Celtic won this fixture 5-0 and (although every game is different and unpredictable) I think Gerrard will and should be going in aiming for something similar to close the goal difference gap which has opened up.

Agreed. It basically makes it a 9 pt gap. We need to be ruthless.

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The Brenda departure from ST Pats FC should give our players an extra lift, not that we should need it but you can take a lift out of their situation no doubt.

It brings a little uncertainty to the situation but until it becomes tangible in the form of them dropping points I don't think it changes much in the mindset because it has been very positive in the last two games.

The general mood music will be set according to the result at Tynecastle tonight in both camps.

We have to return 3 points tonight, a non-negotiable.

25 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

We simply have to take full points from our next 2 league games while the bheasts go to Hearts and entertain Dolly. If they win both their games, there is nothing we can do about it and that would probably be enough to secure the title for them, but we just must win our games against Dundee and Hibs to ensure that if they do indeed drop points we are closing the gap and not letting them off the hook.

I dont believe we can win the title as we have been far too inconsistent but we should be trying to find a consistent run of victories to at least put some pressure on them, especially with them  only having an interim manager and we know that this can lead to inconsistent performances as the players know the manager is gone soon.

We also mustn't forget that momentum is important, both in terms of still being in the Scottish Cup and also with an eye to consistency next season.

So it’s obvious we need them to be dropping points while we go in a winning run. As it stands they have to be favourites for the title and if that’s the case I will content myself with a comfortable second place. 

Comfortable meaning a clear clear gap at least similar to the current gap between us and third. A minimum second if that’s the way it pans out should be secured with a couple of games or so remaining.