Was reading on the Daily Rebel website this morning about this spanish centre half and a few other players we are getting linked to, at the bottom of the article there is a bit about Kenny McDowall's thoughts on young Lennon, he mentions that WS and co are looking at the possibility of sending him out on loan.

Just interested in Gersnetters thoughts on the best way to bring this lad through, do we send him on loan like we did with Adam and get him some first team experience or do we break him in to the SPL ourselves like we did with Hutton, Smith and Burke?

Personally i think he has shown enough potential to merit staying with us where we can bring him on ourselves, depending on who we bring in during the summer, i would only keep him if we are able to give him a place on the bench most weeks.

Thoughts?

i dont think he'll ever see the light of rangers first team action, to be honest.

i think the best idea would be to send him out on loan - a year in the first or second division will suitably harden him up. i think he has the pace to cope with the premier division, but perhaps a year of actual men kicking lumps out him (first division centre halfs etc) will both give him a bit of extra steel and a chance to show that he can cut it at this level.

i'm just never optimistic with walter smith and breaking in young players.

I'd like to see him sent on loan.

Was impressed with him on Saturday but it's a big step up from under 19s to the first team. Sitting on the bench every week won't help.

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats

He needs to play football, Charlie Adam did it, Allan McGregor did it and its worked for them. Its somthing we should do more often with boys that excell in the youth teams, they need to be constantly challenged in order to improve, if they are always the best of the bunch at youth team they will stagnate and never progress.

i dont think he'll ever see the light of rangers first team action, to be honest.

My thoughts exactly. How many youht players did WS bring through in his 1st stint i charge? I fear that Lennon could be another MacLean - once he goes out on loan we'll never see him in a Rangers jersey again. :mad:

My thoughts exactly. How many youht players did WS bring through in his 1st stint i charge? I fear that Lennon could be another MacLean - once he goes out on loan we'll never see him in a Rangers jersey again. :mad:

This is the reason i didnt want him sent out on loan, i would like to think that if he is on the bench for the start of next year and gets maybe half an hour here and there for the first part of the season, if the boy plays well WS will be under a bit of pressure to give the boy more of a chance, also at least then WS will be seeing Lennon playing himself rather than just hearing reports that he is doing well while out on loan.

Going on loan did work for mcgreggor and Adam but staying put worked for Hutton, Smith and Burke.

I fear if he goes on loan we wont see him again.

What I would like is to see some sort of link set up with a European team, Serie B, Second div in Spain, something like that and send the young guys out there for a season. If you sent maybe 2 or 3 at a time they would have a bit of company to settle in and gain experience and at the same time gain a more well-rounded basis about the game. Lennon could be one of those - he seems to have a fair bit of talent and this could be a way to ensure he progresses well.