Smith and youngsters? Rino Gattuso and Barry Ferguson, two of the best... Also Durrant.

He gave quite a few young guys a chance Hughs, Murray, Nesbit, Clelland, Pressley, Moore, McInnes, Reid, McLaren, Nicholson, Hagan, McSwegan and many others.

What I would like is to see some sort of link set up with a European team, Serie B, Second div in Spain, something like that and send the young guys out there for a season. If you sent maybe 2 or 3 at a time they would have a bit of company to settle in and gain experience and at the same time gain a more well-rounded basis about the game. Lennon could be one of those - he seems to have a fair bit of talent and this could be a way to ensure he progresses well.

It would be even better to set up a club in the Spanish league, FC Naranja Bears and run a youth academy with a bilingual school.

Get the youths away from the scottish mentality and way of playing football.

The team would be made up of youth players plus 2 or 3 more experienced pros and have coachs from scotland and spain.

Bring Brazilians, Argentinians and Spaniards through aswell as scots.

Would cost a bomb but a few good players coming out of it would pay for it.

Pie in the sky maybe but why not.

Smith and youngsters? Rino Gattuso and Barry Ferguson, two of the best... Also Durrant.

He gave quite a few young guys a chance Hughs, Murray, Nesbit, Clelland, Pressley, Moore, McInnes, Reid, McLaren, Nicholson, Hagan, McSwegan and many others.

gattuso and ferguson came through in the advocaat era. ferguson threatened to leave under smith as he wasnt getting anywhere near the first team. Nicholson played 4 games before being sold. McLaren, cleland and McInnes and reid (who only played 1 half in the first team) where all bought from other clubs. Only Moore out of the lot left can claim to have commanded a first team place in his tenure at Ibrox. all others played bit parts.

What I would like is to see some sort of link set up with a European team, Serie B, Second div in Spain, something like that and send the young guys out there for a season. If you sent maybe 2 or 3 at a time they would have a bit of company to settle in and gain experience and at the same time gain a more well-rounded basis about the game. Lennon could be one of those - he seems to have a fair bit of talent and this could be a way to ensure he progresses well.

Maybe he will get sent out to the states,Galaxy, for a period

gattuso and ferguson came through in the advocaat era. ferguson threatened to leave under smith as he wasnt getting anywhere near the first team. Nicholson played 4 games before being sold. McLaren, cleland and McInnes and reid (who only played 1 half in the first team) where all bought from other clubs. Only Moore out of the lot left can claim to have commanded a first team place in his tenure at Ibrox. all others played bit parts.

As much as I like Smith and am pretty glad he is here now, Gisabeer is right about Fergie. Also, Durrant came to light under Souness who at the time said he would be a far better midfielder than he ever was. Some praise indeed.

After the horrific injury and then recovery though, I always felt WS didn't do Durrant a service and was afraid to play him. He was certainly still young enough and this showed by prolonging his career with Killie. Never know now, but I do remember crying out for him to be in the starting 11

I think Calscot is correct, Rino and Ferguson both came in under Smith. Ferguson definatly got his debut under Smith against DUFC IIRC in 97/98 season.

I like Juffreys idea of having some set up with another league to loan players to. You always hear of clubs making ties with other clubs but nothing ever seems to surface - ie what happened to our chinese cousins who played in orange?? Its a marketing stategy at times.

If Lennon is good enough then he is old enough and he should play for the first team. But if not and Smith feels he needs a bit of experience then he should go on loan for a month or 2 down south then a month or 2 at a club like Morton then it should be review after that.

Was Fergie not just being used as a sub under WS, Advocat appeared to see the potential and decided to offer him a new contract and have him as a starter from the off.

Could well be wrong here tho.....

Was Fergie not just being used as a sub under WS, Advocat appeared to see the potential and decided to offer him a new contract and have him as a starter from the off.

Could well be wrong here tho.....

I think he broke through under WS but was used very sparingly. Advocaat told Murray (before Advocaat had started the job but had agreed to come) that under no circumstances was he to let BF leave.

I think he should stay and come in to the first team. Why? Can he be any worse than Sebo this year. There has to be a place on the bench for at least one youth player.

Busters idea of a twin club in Spain is an excellent idea, but the Rangers board don't have the vision to do things like that. We couldn't pay a few hundred thousand for Scott McDonald let alone keep a team in Spain.

We wouldn't pay 6 mill euro's for Huntelaar last year. Juventos have now offered Ajax 20mill euro's for him.

Yeh David Murray you are a fine business man. Unfortunately only for David Murray and not our beloved club.

If you don't spend money you don't make money.

We don't want to be spending millions on these pension players as in the past, but we should spend millions on players with potential to sell on to the top clubs.

Money wise, we are no longer a top club!!!