The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

And incidentally in terms of replacing the Morelos goals we already have that. Defoe has the best goals to minutes played ration in the league. A goal every 107 minutes played. The best behind him is Edouard on a goal every 123 minutes played then Morelos on 124 minutes.

It is a time-matter. When I use the notebook, it is for checking news and stats and the like ... as well as work. Listening an hour of stuff I need to concentrate on while working does not really work. Which is not to say that I won`t listen to it, but if there are NEWS then I would like to read a sentence or two here as well. Whether by the news-giver on the micro or someone with more time to listen to the podcast.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard admits Rennes defender Edson Mexer is unlikely to be leaving France this summer.

Gerrard was pictured with the 30-year-old Mozambique international in France last week, sparking a flurry of reports claiming he was on his way to Ibrox.

It was even suggested the stopper, whose contract with the Ligue 1 side expires this summer, had been offered terms to move to Glasgow and would be in town this weekend to watch Sunday's Old Firm showdown.

But while Gerrard admitted he was a fan of the player, he says Rangers' chances of landing him on a free transfer are slim.

The Light Blues manager said: I think you've probably seen the picture in the public domain. I went to watch Rennes v Monaco to analyse a lot of players on the pitch, bumped into numerous players after the game and was asked for a picture.

I think people are putting a lot of speculation out there.

We are looking for centre-backs and Mexer is a good player who we admire but what I'm led to believe is that he'll be playing his football in France next year.

Don't take that as facts, that's just what I'm hearing through the grapevine.''

Gerrard also confirmed his side would not be giving their bitter Parkhead rivals a guard of honour when Neil Lennon's newly-crowned Ladbrokes Premiership champions cross the city for the final Old Firm derby of the season at Ibrox.

But the former Liverpool skipper insisted the final say came from the club - and not him.

To be honest with you my thoughts on it are not important on that subject,'' he said.The club have made a decision on that and decided there won't be a guard of honour, so my thoughts are irrelevant.

I will follow what I'm told to do by the people in charge of the club.'

Sunday Post ... https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/steven-gerrard-admits-its-unlikely-that-rennes-defender-edson-mexer-will-sign-for-rangers/

ON THE MOVE

Rangers dealt blow as Rennes star Mexer signs pre-contract with Bordeaux

Steven Gerrard admitted today that he feared the Light Blues had missed out on the defender and that has now been confirmed as the Ligue 1 club announced the deal

Whatever. I'm more than confident the manager has more targets of at least equal quality in mind. Mexer can't be the only good CB in Europe going out of contract.

Reports today claim French giants Marseille are set to bid £16M for Alfredo Morelos, tripling their original £5M bid and finally ending the circus around the Colombian.

Assuming this report is accurate, and Rangers accept the bid, it puts to a stop the entire soap opera over the former Helsinki man, and Rangers, Steven Gerrard and our fans can finally move on from the whole affair.

Managing Director Stewart Robertson stated some months ago that he would expect £20M for Rangers’ star player, or at least a bid similar to what Celtic got for theirs in Moussa Dembele – and just like Dembele it appears the serious interest is coming from France’s Ligue 1, with the Velodrome giants seeming to be the front runners, following links with Eintracht, Betis, Leipzig and Dortmund to name just four.

We will see how this story develops but the sooner it’s done and he’s sold for big money, the better.

https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2019/05/incoming-morelos-bid-tripled-reports.html