The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, pete said:

Again Morelos is a bad one in your eyes. You forget Scott Brown running his studs down his leg and now walking away free. You forget Consedine(?) hanging on to him and him getting booked for diving. Morelos is not the problem here.

The manager has to deal with reality, he doesn't post on a Rangers forum where perception varies along with buts and what if's.

In the aftermath of the AM sending off in Ufa, I posted at the very end of the summer transfer window that SG had a decision to make regards Morelos.

His decision was to back the player and any whispers of late August bids came to nought.

Over the season, despite mounting frustration, SG continued to back his player but I think the Parkhead sending off was one too many for the manager and we've reached a grey zone point where the unconditional backing has been removed. It's now a matter of sort it out or you are of little use.

Beyond Morelos, the sending off of McGregor hasn't helped the Colombian. It put's more pressure on SG to get a grip on the disciplinnary issue as a whole.

No-one knows what'll happen next season if Alfredo stays but I reckon it's safe to say he'll have more competition for a starting place than the first half of this season and if he doesn't sort out his discipline, he'll probably be on the bench more than he has been accustomed to. On the other hand, if he were to sort it out, he may score 40 goals.

The uncertainty would have me accepting a relatively decent bid this summer but I'm a messageboard poster and not SG.  

Edited by buster.

Don’t know why we’re spending so much time talking about Morelos sorting his discipline problem out for the future.  It will be another team’s problem next season.

I do remember how people were up in arms about Ian Black being a dirty player and whatnot. Maybe not here, but elsewhere. Most couldn`t stand him for that, despite him giving 100 % each time he stepped onto the pitch. At least the 100 % an Ian Black could give. These opinions aside, I can`t remember Ian Black being yellow or red carded for us the amount of time Morelos did, and the latter usually for less.

Yes, Alfredo reacted to some stuff more than he should and is sure not blameless, by my @rse, not only was he provoked time and again with the provokees walking free of punishment, but also did the refs rreward him with cards that other players in the same matches did not get.

To me, leaving the heinous stuff going on around Morelos - in jerseys and ref-outfits alike - out of any talk of his discilpinary record is similar to praise Tavernier for all the goals he scored and ignoring to say that 95 % came from the penalty spot. The one goes with the other and IMHO, Morelos was far too closely watched b beaks, cameras and refs alike - considering the hammerthrowing that goes on about him and on any other football pitch in Scotland. Add to that the free reign the Legoeater gets and you know that something is rank-rotten in Alba.

Edited by der Berliner

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I do remember how people were up in arms about Ian Black being a dirty player and whatnot. Maybe not here, but elsewhere. Most couldn`t stand him for that, despite him giving 100 % each time he stepped onto the pitch. At least the 100 % an Ian Black could give. These opinions aside, I can`t remember Ian Black being yellow or red carded for us the amount of time Morelos did, and the latter usually for less.

Yes, Alfredo reacted to some stuff more than he should and is sure not blameless, by my @rse, not only was he provoked time and again with the provokees walking free of punishment, but also did the refs rreward him with cards that other players in the same matches did not get.

To me, leaving the heinous stuff going on around Morelos - in jerseys and ref-outfits alike - out of any talk of his discilpinary record is similar to praise Tavernier for all the goals he scored and ignoring to say that 95 % came from the penalty spot. The one goes with the other and IMHO, Morelos was far too closely watched b beaks, cameras and refs alike - considering the hammerthrowing that goes on about him and on any other football pitch in Scotland. Add to that the free reign the Legoeater gets and you know that something is rank-rotten in Alba.

Where in Scotland is Ufa ?

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Where in Scotland is Ufa ?

I quote myself:

Yes, Alfredo reacted to some stuff more than he should and is sure not blameless, ...

... and honestly, that ref there was as arrogant a tosser as you can wish for. You see the backtalk of players every single day and of course this 37-year old German law & psychology student was fully clued up on what Alfredo said in Spanish to him on that day. 

Morelos is a good footballer with the potential to be very good.

Morelos often displays petulance and reacts badly to things not going his way.

Opposition players know they can get a reaction, so deliberately wind him up.

The referees have his card marked.

I don't think anyone can honestly dispute these points.  Acting like it's all his fault or not his fault at all are both erroneous. 

12 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I quote myself:

Yes, Alfredo reacted to some stuff more than he should and is sure not blameless, ...

... and honestly, that ref there was as arrogant a tosser as you can wish for. You see the backtalk of players every single day and of course this 37-year old German law & psychology student was fully clued up on what Alfredo said in Spanish to him on that day. 

You can only hide behind mitigating factors for so long and he crossed that line with his the sending off at Parkhead.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

You can only hide behind mitigating factors for so long and he crossed that line with his the sending off at Parkhead.

... and Tav cost us the title and we don`t really talk about that. As I said, I do not absolve him from his guilt, but won't ignore the stuff about him either.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... and Tav cost us the title and we don`t really talk about that. As I said, I do not absolve him from his guilt, but won't ignore the stuff about him either.

I fully appreciate the mitigating factors but the manager has to deal with the reality.