The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

44 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4239056/rangers-swoop-jurgen-klinsmann-jonathan-klinsmann/

A couple of things.

It is clear that Foderingham is too good for a No. 2 role, so he will be off.

What ist the matter with Alnwick though? I was under the impression that he was sent on-loan to get games, as he would have been No. 3 and he sure is too good for that.

Then there is the small matter of Andy Firth, who was signed by SG (sic!) in case anything happens to our No 1 and 2. I guess he would not be there if he was bad?

Klinsmann ... has no more experience under his belt than Firth or McCrorie ... and neither of the threesome would play a game if McGregor is fit.

If the Klinsmann rumour is true then Foderingham is leaving and McCrorie will be going on loan again next season.

Alnwick was signed as a back up to Foderingham before McGregor signed.  e'll be away this summer.

Firth was signed from the Conference as a number 3 purely to allow McCrorie to go on loan. He'll be getting paid peanuts and would only ever play for us in extreme circumstances where the two goalies ahead of him are injured/suspended. Hopefully it never comes to that.

Edited by DMAA

Don't see the sense in being linked with a "reserve" keeper when we have McCrorie and now Firth.

Will be sad to see Foderingham and Alnwyk go as neither have let us down but they obviously are too good to be warming the bench each week.

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think the Skrtel thing is just a lazy rumour 

I think the Klinsmann thing is also just rumour, though not quite as lazy as the Skrtel one.