The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Our manager played in the same team as him and he's on a free transfer he might relish a challenge Gary Cahill's available i am sure a deal could be worked out regarding wages .

10 hours ago, compo said:

Our manager played in the same team as him and he's on a free transfer he might relish a challenge Gary Cahill's available i am sure a deal could be worked out regarding wages .

Those who caution against bringing in too many veterans for obvious reasons will be looking at this shaking their head :D

Pure speculation,....but it would be very short-term thinking but it'd be linked to a short term objective.

Milner is everything that Barton was not. For that reason alone, he’ll be wanted by a host of mid-league clubs, the promoted teams and Championship hopefuls.

Gerrard can dangle the prospect of future assistant at Liverpool but I don’t know if Milner has management aspirations. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Milner is everything that Barton was not. For that reason alone, he’ll be wanted by a host of mid-league clubs, the promoted teams and Championship hopefuls.

Gerrard can dangle the prospect of future assistant at Liverpool but I don’t know if Milner has management aspirations. 

As it stands, SG can't really dangle anything that is conditional on him getting the main gig at Liverpool and if Milner fancies management, it's probably as a manager, rather than an inexperienced number 2 to a relatively inexperienced number 1 at what is once again, a pot 1 CL club.

If our strategy to stop 10IAR was to be 'several older experienced hands that had real quality' alongside what we have and know is coming.....how would it be considered ?

I'm not a fan of too many veterans but I wouldn't have a problem with Milner, given the level he is currently at.

The financial side would be important with any such deal but difficult to gauge unless some facts emerged.

I think this centres on how the club views the importance of winning at least one of the next two League titles on offer and what they'll do to try and achieve it.

I think you have to centre any short-term strategy on winning the 19/20 title because if we don't and the fans/club were to lose trust in SG&Co, then it might be too much expensive change going into what would be a potential 10IAR season. Celtic are going through some changes at the moment, so now is the time to play the joker, whatever that they be. At the sametime, we don't have a blank chequebook, so it's a challenging task and will depend a lot on Gerrad, the manager.......if successful, then he could start to dangle that carrot you mentioned, Scott.

No idea about Mexer, the player but I hope we are going on more than his recent performance against PSG and the fact he is on a Bosman.

If deal happens, a posiitive would be the timely nature of business in preperation for next season.

This is going to be an unpredictable window till the future of Morelos is settled. If a substantial 8 figure bid comes in and he leaves then we're looking at a major kitty which can have a transforming effect on the window.