signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

There is no chance we will sign Alan Smith unless WS pulls of the deal of the century!

Exactly.

As for Burkey, if he doesn't pull his finger out this season, he'll be lucky to end up at Hearts.

Call me crazy but, there's a guy who has talent, has pace and has the right build to destroy defenders, his name is craig beattie, he's also a rangers fan. The situation at park head angers me when you have a guy like that in the team but only gets a spot on the bench.

beattie's leaving celtic as they've signed kris killen *sp.

I think we've shown that the only things that Celtic had better than us for last season, was a bit of pride and determination to win.

Their squad is hardly more talented.

Buroc - MacGregor? Pretty even but MacGregor had far more clean sheets and let in less goals, so I say he gets it.

Brown - Klos? No contest, Klos every time.

Telfer - Hutton? Hutton was probably the best right back in the country while Telfer was punted.

Pressley - Weir? Pressley may be a few years younger but Weir was the best centre back in the country and Pressley hasn't impressed since his switch.

Caldwell - Ehiogu? Caldwell is ok but had a nightmare start and is big a bombscare as Ehiogu. I think the Celtic player only just shades it.

McManus - Webster? They both show great promise while also having the inconsistency of youth. McManus maybe gets it due to Webster's injury.

Balde - Svensson? Both were terrible last season but I'd much rather have the Swede.

Naylor - Smith? Naylor has been very consistent last season but can't match the all-round wing back play of Smith who will go on to be a far superior player. Smith's injury unfortunately limited his effectiveness last season.

Wilson - Murray? Much of a muchness, Murray wasn't as good as previous seasons so Wilson maybe shades it.

Doumbe - Papac? The Celt had a slow start and I haven't seen him lately but he did score in the cup final didn't he? At the moment I think Papac has shown more.

Nakamura - Burke? Burke has again been slow to recover from yet another injury while Nakamura although over-hyped compared to Adam has been a much better right midfielder.

McGeady - Adam? McGeady can show flashes of brilliance but his terrible inconsistency must have Celts pulling their hair out. Adam is a bit inconsistent too, but has performed to a higher level than the Irishman on far more occasions.

Gravesen - Hemdani? No contest the gers player of the year wins hands down.

Lennon - Ferguson? Ferguson has had an up and down season while Lennon seems to only have downs in between mediocrity. Fergie easily wins.

Hartley - Thomson? The former Jambo has been poor since his transfer while the former Hibee has steadily improved. Thomson wins.

Jarosik - Rae? Rae hasn't been spectacular except maybe spectacularly mediocre, but that's enough to be better than a complete joke of a Celtic player.

Riordan - Sionko? Derek has hardly played yet looked good when he did. Sionko played a lot and looked terrible. The former Hibee wins.

Zurawski - Buffel? Both have been poor this season, but I think Buffel is a better player when playing well so he gets it.

Sno - N'Daiye? Both pants, give it to Sno.

Beattie - Sebo? Hard to tell, both promising but don't deliver. Draw.

Can't think of any more players apart from O'Dea who's probably better than our untried equivalent.

But to be honest, I think Rangers actually shade it, which is bourne out by the WS form and beating them twice.

So to me it's now all about the summer signings, how they play and improvement/decline in current players next season.

It has already been said many times on here already, but the summer signings are so crucial, i actually think with the players we already have and some decent signings we are going to be a strong team next season challenging for the title again