signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

The only stories which seem to have weight behind them at the moment are Naismith and McCulloch. They won't be the only ones, but they seem to be the only persistent ones at the moment.

As for the fees, we do seem to be taking the piss these days. Have we not learned anything from the past?

Whats the current situation with transfers then?

Naismith - Low bid, expect to be improved this week. Estimated cost £1-1.5 mil.

McCulloch - We want him, he wants to come, we cant afford him. Wigan reportedly want £4 mil.

Webster - Waiting on the Hearts/Wigan transfer wrangle to be sorted out. £650k

Cuellar - Rumoured interest. £2 mil.

Mido - FF rumour. Fee ?

Can we afford all of the above and would that complete our squad for next season? If not who/what else do we need?

Edit: Mido fee is rumoured to be £2.5 mil according to the ET.

Also link us with Torino's Rosina. 23 year old attacking midfielder.

Add Fowler, Quashie and Koevermans to the list, I think they have some weight behind them. But Im hoping the Langfield and Barry Robson rumours a joke.

However thats all rumours, its only Darcheville, Gow and Broadfoot who are official.

Hopefully we get everything sorted by June so all the new guys link up for Pre season in July.

I hope we don't miss out on Naismith, but if we continue to put in derisory offers for him, I can see Killie selling him to someone else. Someone just posted on FF that they've heard two other clubs are ready to pay over 1M for the lad. Now this could just be a typical rumour which will go nowhere, but I think its worrying.

Of course we have to get the best deal for Gers, but we are in a buyer's market where we're not the only club interested in players. I also think that all this seemed to start when we missed out on Riordan and since then we've been taking the piss with player valuations and as such, I'm sure we're not making any friends in the process. This will just make our lives even harder in the transfer market and easier for other clubs.

Also, the kind of players we're now quibbling over money for are fairly low risk signings. They're not over the hill or unpaid foreigners. We're now talking about typically, young Scottish players who have a lot of potential. Their stock is rising and their wage demands won't be silly. So surely in the scheme of things, these are the players we should be making an effort to sign and making sure there's money available so that we get these players before our opponents do.

It seems to me that Murray is determined not to fall into the trap of paying over the odds for players as he has done in the past. Unfortuntaely, he seems to be going to the other extreme. Naismith is easily worth more than £450k - if he wasn't, why would we be going for him. If Walter wants the guy then just go out and get him. It's not like it's the difference between £6 million or £10 million!

You think the amount was bad? Wait until you hear how it was structured....

Kilmarnock have confirmed that Rangers have had a £400,000 offer turned down for striker Steven Naismith.

The Ibrox club wanted to pay £200,000 now and the rest next season for the 20-year-old Scotland Under-21 cap.

Sorry, but that's fucking ridiculous. The man is turning our club into a laughing stock. This guy's been drafted into the Scotland squad, courted by Arsenal, banged goals in for Killie, Young Player of the Year and that's how determined we are to get our man. FFS!!!!

Pure Ragin' Loyal!!!

200k then another 200k was a bit low.

Id say 450k then same again depending on apprearances was fair.

Marlon Harewood and Hayden Mullins are both allowed to leave West Ham, id love to see both them at Ibrox, they are 2 players who would fit straight into out team.

Add Fowler, Quashie and Koevermans to the list, I think they have some weight behind them. But Im hoping the Langfield and Barry Robson rumours a joke.

However thats all rumours, its only Darcheville, Gow and Broadfoot who are official.

Hopefully we get everything sorted by June so all the new guys link up for Pre season in July.

Pretty sure Walter (or someone else at the club) has been quoted as saying we're not after Quashie. Don't belevie the Fowler rumour either. Koevermans would be an excellent signing though.

Guest RFC1873
Pretty sure Walter (or someone else at the club) has been quoted as saying we're not after Quashie.

Hope this is the case!