signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

Thought McCulloch was for left wing. Can't see big Nigel out there. Much as I like him as a player with Ferguson, Thompson and Brahim in the middle can't see it happening - I would love him as back up but can't see him going for it.

Quashie hasnt had a good season with West Ham and was injured for the last few months.

He is a player i kinda like and I wanted him last season as an emergency choice but I think we could get a bit better now. But he would be a strong signing and wouldnt do any harm for the SPL at all.

Id be happy either way with Quashie.

Roy Carroll has been released by West Ham so is available on a free....

Quashie has had a rotten time this season, but I think he would be a decent player for us to sign. I don't think he would be a popular signing though.

Also, I see the papers are claiming we've had a bid of 450,000 knocked back for Naismith. If that's true, then these derisory bids we're constantly putting in have gone beyond an embarrassment.

Also, I see the papers are claiming we've had a bid of 450,000 knocked back for Naismith. If that's true, then these derisory bids we're constantly putting in have gone beyond an embarrassment.

Agreed, i think the �£1.5m they're asking is a bargain price and if we miss out on him for not stumping up that amount then it'll be a shame.

The DM/Bain PR bandwagon is now in full swing....

Linked with Mido & Torino's attacking midfielder Alessandro Rossina.

Much more likely given our current signing strategy of offering about 25% of what a club is looking for, is the rumour that Barry Robson is someone on our list. While this rumour is probably bollocks, it does seem to be at least 200% more realistic than the Pizarro signing.

Much more likely given our current signing strategy of offering about 25% of what a club is looking for, is the rumour that Barry Robson is someone on our list. While this rumour is probably bollocks, it does seem to be at least 200% more realistic than the Pizarro signing.

Man I hope that is a total bollocks rumour. If we went for Robson we might as well sign Jamie Langfield aswell and push for 5th place next season.

£450k is a bit of an insult for Naismith. I've defended our low offers before but they are usually because the player has less than a year on his contract left. This time he has 3 years. With such a long contract, what leverage do we have to play hardball with Kilmarnock.

I can only assume that the offer was a down payment with large add-ons if he establishes himself in the team.

I don't know if he's worth 1.5M but to me he's definitely worth 1M, maybe a bit more. I definitely wouldn't want us to pay more than the mentioned 1.5M for him as there are a lot of more experienced players we could get for that kind of money.

I can only assume that the offer was a down payment with large add-ons if he establishes himself in the team.

This has to be the reason but I agree with it.

I wouldnt pay it unless he was proven that he can make the step up, so this down payment along with the same again on appearance money would be fair IMO.

We should never pay over the odds for any player these days never mind SPL players.

Whats the current situation with transfers then?

Naismith - Low bid, expect to be improved this week. Estimated cost £1-1.5 mil.

McCulloch - We want him, he wants to come, we cant afford him. Wigan reportedly want £4 mil.

Webster - Waiting on the Hearts/Wigan transfer wrangle to be sorted out. £650k

Cuellar - Rumoured interest. £2 mil.

Mido - FF rumour. Fee ?

Can we afford all of the above and would that complete our squad for next season? If not who/what else do we need?

Edit: Mido fee is rumoured to be £2.5 mil according to the ET.

Also link us with Torino's Rosina. 23 year old attacking midfielder.