Premier League 2019/20

9 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Arteta is doing well enough, I think (outwith this last couple, but he was up against Man City in one of them).

He needs to get rid of the dead wood, which I believe he has acknowledged and they're looking to do so in the summer. 

Which is half the team, Luiz, Ozal, Lacazete, Xhaka, Tierney, Mustafi, Maitland Nils and Chambers, plus Aubameyang wants to leave.  No small task.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Another day of knee-bending from the virtue-signalling EPL. It's funny how moral that large sums of money can make you.

And every single player getting interviewed on Sky afterwards is getting the “what a very powerful statement that was”.

Today it was Giroud’s turn.... Because he took a knee at his goal.

It’s become vomit-inducing pandering very quickly and it has me wanting to turn the TV off.

We get it, we get that you’re fighting for a cause and equality.... but please, for the love if God, stop ramming it down our throats 

10 hours ago, craig said:

And every single player getting interviewed on Sky afterwards is getting the “what a very powerful statement that was”.

Today it was Giroud’s turn.... Because he took a knee at his goal.

It’s become vomit-inducing pandering very quickly and it has me wanting to turn the TV off.

We get it, we get that you’re fighting for a cause and equality.... but please, for the love if God, stop ramming it down our throats 

Everything I've seen so far, EPL and elsewhere, say that ramming it down your throat is much more important than the message itself. This whole episode might be about a lot of things but equality isn't one of them. I've seen more coherent propositions from our cat.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Everything I've seen so far, EPL and elsewhere, say that ramming it down your throat is much more important than the message itself. This whole episode might be about a lot of things but equality isn't one of them. I've seen more coherent propositions from our cat.

It's a bubble of fanaticism being pushed by groups who will benefit and those too rich to care and being pushed by the woke media. The silent majority are just watching this shite and wanting to escape the bullshit. No wonder Netflix and other streaming services (apart from the pathetic Britbox) are doing so well with subscribers and minutes watched as it's not all down to the virus, but against pc programming. 

Btw, Watching a white person give a black power salute is sickening and makes them look a complete ass. 

37 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

It's a bubble of fanaticism being pushed by groups who will benefit and those too rich to care and being pushed by the woke media. The silent majority are just watching this shite and wanting to escape the bullshit. No wonder Netflix and other streaming services (apart from the pathetic Britbox) are doing so well with subscribers and minutes watched as it's not all down to the virus, but against pc programming. 

Btw, Watching a white person give a black power salute is sickening and makes them look a complete ass. 

There's a widespread desperation in society for approval, hence the virtue-signalling to join or stay in the comfort zone. The era of personal resilience and self-expression has gone. There's no place for individualism in the hive. When I was young, being able to think for yourself was encouraged and valued. Now conformity and compliance is everything in the weakest generation ever to walk these islands. This generation will hand on very little to the next.

Edited by Bill

Some performance by City last night. Crisp and accurate long range passing and that’s just the goalkeeper. Must be great to bring on de Bruyne, Laporte and Sane as substitutes.

If they can get a proper centre half they should be able to depose Liverpool next season

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Some performance by City last night. Crisp and accurate long range passing and that’s just the goalkeeper. Must be great to bring on de Bruyne, Laporte and Sane as substitutes.

If they can get a proper centre half they should be able to depose Liverpool next season

But they will be losing Sane and possibly Sterling (Sane wants away and Sterling s rumoured to being courted by Real Madrid).

12 hours ago, craig said:

But they will be losing Sane and possibly Sterling (Sane wants away and Sterling s rumoured to being courted by Real Madrid).

True. David Silva and Aguero will be approaching veteran stage. I can see this team going down. Time for Allardyce or Warnock.