Premier League 2019/20

Solskjaer did his chances of keeping the job no harm. Left it late to claim a CL spot but made it at the last gasp despite appearing to be also rans for a large part of the season.

That's it all over the scousers finally won the title the two Manchester teams and Chelsea join them in the champions league next season along with spurs Leicester and Wolves in the Thursday night cup Sheffield had a decent season Villa managed to survive but I think the best was from Southampton to get thrashed nine nil at home stand by their coach and finish in a respectable eleventh position was a good comeback. Roll on September the twelfth and with some luck maybe some fans in attendance. 

Quite a season for Liverpool. European champions, world club champions, EPL champions. Now their biggest challenge may be convincing Klopp to break his habit of moving on.

3 hours ago, compo said:

I think the best was from Southampton to get thrashed nine nil at home stand by their coach and finish in a respectable eleventh position was a good comeback.  

Absolutely spot on. You can imagine the fans reaction after being pumped 9 - 0 at home. The club backed him and the transformation is quite remarkable. Their counter attacking football is a joy to watch. Contrast that to Watford who's reputation for sacking managers is renown. They appoint Pearson when rooted at bottom of the league then sack him with 2 games to go when 3 points outside relegation zone! Sheer lunacy. You reap what you sow. No sympathy. ?

Man City have made a £41M bid for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake.

Underlines how bad Chelsea are at developing/utilising players: they've had Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah, Van Aanholt (not rival, but developed into a good player), Brewster, Matic and now Ake subsequently picked up by 'rivals'.   

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Man City have made a £41M bid for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake.

Underlines how bad Chelsea are at developing/utilising players: they've had Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah, Van Aanholt (not rival, but developed into a good player), Brewster, Matic and now Ake subsequently picked up by 'rivals'.   

Ake is average and City will find that out. Chelsea fans only rue De Bruyne and Salah as they were bought cheap 7m and 11m respectively then sold by Mourinho and was terrible business by a manager that does not develop players.

Van Aanholt is rubbish. 

Tomori is a better centre half than either Ake or Van Aanholt and other home grown players such as James, Mount, Gilmour, Abraham, Hudson Odoi, Christiansen and Loftus Cheek have all many games under their belts and secured 4th place with their ages between 18 - 24, plus another 6 or 7 pushing the first team - the future looks quite bright. 

• 1 month later...

It all starts again this Saturday and i feel sorry for the fans of liverpool they waited a long time to win it and the fans wont have the pleasure of cheering  at Anfield same as Leeds now back in the top flight playing like the rest in empty stadiums. 

35 minutes ago, compo said:

It all starts again this Saturday and i feel sorry for the fans of liverpool they waited a long time to win it and the fans wont have the pleasure of cheering  at Anfield same as Leeds now back in the top flight playing like the rest in empty stadiums. 

I feel more sorry for us than I do for ANY English team.:yesrfc: