Europa League Group Stage: Rangers / Porto / Young Boys / Feyenoord

3 minutes ago, 917 said:

Didn’t they beat Man U in the CL last year?

They got annihilated in the groups bar one home 2-1 win over Juventus and a home draw vs Valencia. Beat Dinamo Zagreb to get to groups last season.

Edited by DMAA

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Quick summary of Young Boys

• Thrashed the league last season with 91 points and GD of 63, finishing 20 points ahead of Basel
  • Knocked out of UCL by Red Star after drawing 2-2 at home and 1-1 away
  • 5 games into league season with 4 wins and a draw
  • Sold two players for £10m and spent circa £7m on replacement

A very tough game this one, we're underdogs here but you'd like to think this is a team we might just scrape through ahead of

tenor.gif

Young Boys stadium is always rocking, but the Switz league isnt exactly in Europes elite so Id say SG will be targeting 4 points off them.

Have to say - imagine UEFA allowing Cluj knock Celtic out of Europe twice in one season :D

5 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Young Boys stadium is always rocking, but the Switz league isnt exactly in Europes elite so Id say SG will be targeting 4 points off them.

Checked the coefficient and actually your right, Swiss teams haven't been up to much in Europe. Even though we've only contributed to the coefficient 1 of the past 5 seasons we're still only 3 spots behind them (20th). Even the Danish league are ahead of them in 16th.

4 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Might come down to who can take the most points off Porto.

Maybe but I don't think so. I think they'll cruise it and it'll be scrap for 2nd place between the rest of us.

28 minutes ago, pete said:

I am going to Rotterdam even if I don't get a ticket. FS keep me in mind although I will be trying to get tickets for me and my son who is a Feynoord\Rangers supporter

What if it is the away game where Rangers don't take tickets :ninja: