Copenhagen

Espanyol

Rangers

If we wanted an easier passage on paper:

FC Basel

Gent

Stade Rennes / Malmo

Rangers

I hope the draw isnt such a drag as the CL draw last night. I fell asleep watching it and missed the first 20 minutes of our game!

1 hour ago, 917 said:

Hope we get Man Utd. Fans would want to avoid St Etienne, I’ve been there..

Tims could get Wolves, Wolfsburg & Wolfsberger in the same group ?

Arsenal-PSV-Espanol and ourselves would be an attractive group. Real drama and big names. To qualify though  I would have Basel-Braga-Malmö and Rangers to get through. Can’t wait for the draw!!??

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

100’s of police outside before game, but obviously no searches.

We were thoroughly searched over there, had to empty everything out of my backpack, medication, dressings every f*&king thing.

We don't get much value for £1.2m worth of policing and stewarding eh?

2 hours ago, barca72 said:

AS Roma

FC Kobenhavn

Feyenoord

Rangers.

Could maybe get second in that group.

Would love Feynoord and they are not a great team. I would also fancy our chances agains Copenhagen.

I went to sleep absolutely buzzing last night and woke up the same way this morning.  For many of us it's easy to take European football for granted, afterall many of us have seen dozens of huge European matches at Ibrox and abroad.  However, don't underestimate the magnitude of the importance of qualification when it comes to the younger bears.  Last season was the first time many of them will have experienced big nights and with the same this season there's a new found enthusiasm for the club these days.  There's a real danger that we could lose future fans to the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, etc so this is hugely significant in terms of our longer term prospects.  Of course it's still exciting for us older ones too.  Within seconds of the final whistle I had my son, his pals, and my nephew contact me in sheer delight.  I took as much enjoyment from that than I did from the game itself.  There's a change in the attitude towards our club now and it's exciting.

There will be many of us in two minds about the draw.  One part of me wants all glamour ties and the other wants a chance of an easier passage towards some additional coefficient points.  No matter who comes out of the hat though it'll mean some great future memories I'm sure.

Last night's result was so much more important than Sunday.  If I'd been given the choice it would have been easy to choose the one I wanted us to win, however now it's done I want us to go out and prove at the weekend that we are back and we mean serious business this season.

Its a great time to be a bear and although I don't necessarily like to feel so confident going in to an Old Firm game, I really suspect next week will be even better!

Edited by Gaffer

I have said all along Celtic need to improve their midfield and they haven't until now. In saying that they do have a good front-line who can score goals. I am going to be negative so I can enjoy the adrenaline kick when we win.:D