2 minutes ago, Briton said:

But for inept finishing you could have been writing that about the Legia game.   I love Tav but if Barasic, Halliday or Flanagan had made as many  errors as the captain had this season they'd be getting dog's abuse.  He needs to up his game.

Except it was goldson. 

Who actually defended really well. 

Edited by the gunslinger

To much pasing to each other  in the middle not once did I see any of our boys making space for themselves by moving off the ball all this nonsense of trying to play from the back that's okay if your Manchester city our lads are not up to that kind of game we should have had to men down the wings getting in crosses for the Buffalo not waiting until the 56th minute before putting a shot on their goal , totally inept the whole lot of them 

2 minutes ago, Briton said:

But for inept finishing you could have been writing that about the Legia game.   I love Tav but if Barasic, Halliday or Flanagan had made as many  errors as the captain had this season they'd be getting dog's abuse.  He needs to up his game.

He had 3 or 4 blunders on Thursday which might have cost us the group stages. Not wanting to single him out, but if his defending in big games continues, he might be used as a right winger instead. Generally below standard though, hardly a good cross, free-kick and corner either.

11 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

No idea how the ref can send off Jones but not McGregor. 

Celtc though were comfortable winners and gerrard has to take the blame for that. The team selection tactics and subs were baffling. 

The recruitment this summer has been misjudged as well. 

Aribo looked out his depth?

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Aribo looked out his depth?

No, but IMHO, he had too few options up ahead of him and too many Yahoos haring after him, in his left / right wingish role. He won a few tackles and his stlye, a bit like Ojo's makes him look a bit sluggish, even though he isn't. He's now tasted his first bit of Old Firm bedlam and knows the score.

I wouldn't want to single anyone out today, quite  a few simply played below standard or not up to the occasion. No that the Yahoos were brilliant either.

Lot of knee jerk reactions, typical after losing to them, we were poor in every area, team selection was dubious, however they were just as bad, we gifted them 2 goals and that's about it. 

First defeat of the season and all of a sudden we are a terrible team and the manager is shite, the players just never turned up. Long season to go so onwards and upwards after the break. 

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Every penny we have spent on transfers was on the bench or in the stands. 

10 new players is it and one started. 

Ridiculous 

Ach come on ... Aribo didn't cost but was one of those 10 new signings who started. And he has been rather good thus far. In essence, the main starting line-up changes would have been Jones or Ojo, neither cost a penny either. 

It is a learning curve for SG too ... though after the last few games, you would have thought he learns faster. Three months before the game at the Scumhut.

It was definitely a bad day at the office.  In my opinion only Davis looked up for this one.  Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield and Defoe were terrible.  I thought Flanagan and Katic got pass marks, but barely.

I think Gerrard has to take blame here too because he changed a winning formula by changing the midfield and putting Aribo further forward.  It's clear he doesn't trust Jones for the 90 minutes but we needed Aribo in the midfield 3.  Having said that, Aribo was way off the pace in this game and looked weak physically.

This Celtic team is poor but we made them look good today.  The players now have a long time to reflect but we need to see a reaction.  With Gerrard at the helm I'm sure we will get it.

Edited by Gaffer