[FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Hearts (Helander 45+1; Morelos 47, 63)

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

No way was Ojo awful today! he is frustrating and raw, but there is a player there no doubt, the more he plays the better he will get, just look at Kent when he first joined us. Give the guy time.

Tell me what he contributed. He gave the ball away so much when we were on the attack it's like hes playing for hearts. 

He looks better as a sub. 

Ojo played fine and linked well with others for most of the game.  His final ball and decision-making still weren't as good as they could be but he and the manager will know that and feel it can get better.

Davis, Kamara and Morelos were our best players yesterday: most others played well enough as well after a fairly slow start.

I realise we all see the game differently, but I'm really surprised to see the stick that Ojo gets.  He's a very young guy with bags of skill, pace and power.  He's definitely one for the future and in my opinion he's one I would like us to buy soon before his price rockets.  I thought Hearts looked terrified of him, Kent and Morelos yesterday, and if he develops some better decision making he will be a fantastic player.

I liked Candeias but he WANTED to go because he couldn't be guaranteed a more regular place in the team.  Let's not forget that.  Candeias proved that he had a great workrate, but whenever we are up against packed defences he lacked the skill and guile to be effective.  Gerrard had to improve the team so there's no way he could guarantee Candeias more starts.  He acted as cover for Tav, which was fine, but we need someone with more skill than Candeias offered.  Kent, Ojo, Arfield, Barker, Jones, etc are all more effective at breaking down packed defences than Candeias was.  If we hadn't upgraded from Candeias we wouldn't have been much better than we were last season.  He was a good servant to the club, but let's not make him out to be something he wasn't.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Ojo played fine and linked well with others for most of the game.  His final ball and decision-making still weren't as good as they could be but he and the manager will know that and feel it can get better.

Davis, Kamara and Morelos were our best players yesterday: most others played well enough as well after a fairly slow start.

I thought Kent was better than all but Morelos.  An assist, involved in the other two goals, hit the post.  Dynamic dribbling as usual, looked a real threat, if a bit raw at times.