Better than last Xmas from a Rangers perspective. True we were in a decent league position last Xmas but were out of Europe and out of the league cup at the semi final stage. And there was nothing like the confidence in the ability of the team we have this year.

Edited by JFK-1

Snatched from FB ... by David Mason, our club historian

The history of Rangers Football club never fails to fascinate me, expecially when I come across pieces like this from Christmas Day 120 years ago. Rangers were the Champions having completed their fourth title in a row with the perfect season - winning every League game - a record! Nine months earlier the club incorporated installing William Wilton as the first Manager.
The newspaper from which the picture came also included a lengthy poem proclaiming the club's great history (although only 27 years had elapsed). Little did they know just how much more would flow in that great river of Rangers achievements and memories.
The final verse in the poem just about summed it all up:

'We fear not the keen blades of Sheffield,
Nor the villianous rifles of 'Brum;
The Celts and the Hearts we can vanquish;
We've shouted, "Oh, let 'em all come!";
For we're climbing right up to the summit,
And there on the top we will roost,
As rampant and champion Rangers,
The greatest the World has produced.

Thank you for all your support both on this page and elsewhere as I strive to relate the history of our great club.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a very happy New Year!

Edited by der Berliner