[FT] St Johnstone 2 - 2 Rangers (Kamberi 50; Aribo 71)

2 hours ago, craig said:

All it would have taken was for Katic to not make 3 massive blunders.  At both goals he hoofed the ball straight up in the air, no distance whatsoever, which immediately put himself under pressure and also Goldson.  At the first he was punished immediately.  At the second it ended up going out for a corner - and that was his third blunder - rather than hoof the ball in the same direction (roughly) as it came.... for some inexplicable reason he thought trying to clear it into the central part of the pitch was the right thing to do.

Three errors, from one player, resulted in 2 goals to the opponent.  I've defended Katic as much as most on here - but he is clearly out of form and confidence.... very similar to the slump in form he had in the autumn/winter of 2018 - he needs to be pulled for his own benefit but the only problem with that is the only real option is Edmundson who also had an iffy game in his last outing - I suppose we could play Aribo at CB seeing as he seems to excel in any position he is played in right now...

I think Gerrard was right to drop Katic after Aberdeen and wrong to drop Edmundson for one iffy away game. Edmundson deserved a spell in the team before Helander got back. And by bringing an off form Katic back in too soon he’s probably damaged his confidence further. 

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think Gerrard was right to drop Katic after Aberdeen and wrong to drop Edmundson for one iffy away game. Edmundson deserved a spell in the team before Helander got back. And by bringing an off form Katic back in too soon he’s probably damaged his confidence further. 

Edmundson made a mistake in both of the games he played.

Miss the highlights?

20 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Katic had a poor game on Sunday. We have to hope he can get back to where he was at the end of last year. I’m not sure Edmundson is the answer & genuinely wonder if we’ll see Helander again this season.

People need to remember that Edmundson is still young and needs to be managed carefully.  He can be forgiven for a couple of mistakes. But he needs time to develop and should probably do so while out of the firing line for a while yet.

43 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Edmundson made a mistake in both of the games he played.

Miss the highlights?

Are you blaming him for the goal against Hibs just because he gave away a free kick? He had a good game against Hibs and scored a very good goal. Are you disagreeing with me? Katic’s performance yesterday is evidence that he was brought back in too soon. If that was Edmundson people would be saying he should never wear the shirt again. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Are you blaming him for the goal against Hibs just because he gave away a free kick? He had a good game against Hibs and scored a very good goal. Are you disagreeing with me? Katic’s performance yesterday is evidence that he was brought back in too soon. If that was Edmundson people would be saying he should never wear the shirt again. 

Questions, questions, questions.

Go back and read the posts.

I'm correcting you on another factual error.

9 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Questions, questions, questions.

Go back and read the posts.

I'm correcting you on another factual error.

Factual error? I didn’t say he only played 1 game I said he was dropped after one iffy game, in other words due to one dodgy performance. You like a wee snide comment don’t you. 

11 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Katic had a poor game on Sunday. We have to hope he can get back to where he was at the end of last year. I’m not sure Edmundson is the answer & genuinely wonder if we’ll see Helander again this season.

As I said on the day, he probably got caught by th Sun and was kicking the ball a bit aimlessly because of that. After that he slipped, which could have happened to all and everyone. Haven't seen the 2nd goal back, but am under the impression that it was Goldson who simply didn't kick for touch. As could have a few others still.

When teams do press hard and fast, our CDs and DMs seem to develop problems kicking the ball away. They generally take too many steps in such case or try to be more clever. Cost us a few times ... but should have been rooted out since last season.

As Frankie said above, our main problem is that goals are not distributed along the attack line and MF, it is one or 2 who do the job, the rest does not. Despite having Stewart, Jones and now Kamberi, all rather direct and willing to shoot.