[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm as angry as the next guy, but I'm also quite confused - how can go from being the best team in the country, blowingvaway top European sides, to this gutless, impotent performance? It's inexplicable.

I would like some answers from SG.

Embarrassing and shameful performance! I can feel my body again now ffs ? We could have lost by more. Gutless performance and I wonder if the Europe run is more about the shop window than playing for SG? Disgraceful! 

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I was listening on the radio and it was as clear as day that they had given up because the tide just never turned, there was no fight back. 

Great teams and great players make that tide turn by their effort and their character. That tonight was simply gutless. We aren't helped by officials who ought to be in a fucking circus with clown shoes and an exploding car rather than refereeing a football match, but too much of what went on tonight is down to Gerrard and the players. They let us down badly. 

2 minutes ago, compo said:

so the centre forward comes back a day late you give him a fine and a warning Morelos is the only one in the team with a physical presence the rest of the team is marshmallow  soft  we get knocked about all over the park 

Yeah it's not like Alfie had to learn how to fit in with a set plan and didn't do it because he turned up late. On the showing tonight there was no fucking plan in the first place. Given the needs of the game and getting result and the obvious lack of other options I think Gerrard made a seriously bad call. Deal with your displeasure after the game. Use the only asset you have that can stand up to Hearts physically.

7 minutes ago, compo said:

so the centre forward comes back a day late you give him a fine and a warning Morelos is the only one in the team with a physical presence the rest of the team is marshmallow  soft  we get knocked about all over the park 

I'm sure there's more to it than that. He's come back after the winter break about a stone overweight IMO. He's been awful since the start of 2020

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm sure there's more to it than that. He's come back after the winter break about a stone overweight IMO. He's been awful since the start of 2020

do you think he could have  been any worse than the dross that played tonight 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah it's not like Alfie had to learn how to fit in with a set plan and didn't do it because he turned up late. On the showing tonight there was no fucking plan in the first place. Given the needs of the game and getting result and the obvious lack of other options I think Gerrard made a seriously bad call. Deal with your displeasure after the game. Use the only asset you have that can stand up to Hearts physically.

I agree Doc. It's unsettled the team and we had nothing up front. You look at that side and there is definitely an issue with bottle and desire to play for SG when fortitude is required. That's a big problem. Also, nobody gets pass marks, it was abysmal!!

Sorry but it was the right call on Alfredo. His discipline is shocking and to turn up late after given time off is latest in long line of him letting us done. Manager was left wirh no other option and I'll back him to the hilt on that. 

For the 2nd game in a row at Tynecastle, Naismyth is completely bossed the game. He is finished as a player but I'd love 11 players with his fight, drive and determination in our team. Made our Captain look like a Girl Guide (no disrespect to Girl Guides).