[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

Well let's think outside the box. If people think there's a mentality problem when being kicked off the park by the hammer throwers have a motivator so to speak in the dressing room who will deal the culprit at halftime. You think those guys are kicking you hard? You don't want to have to deal with this guy.

spacer.png

The term 'hammer-throwers' seems rather meaningless. 

Hearts are a side with minimal footballing skill, who run themselves into the ground when we play in Gorgie.  They aren't a bunch of muscular heavyweights, who kick and elbow everything in their path - which would be a reasonable definition of 'hammer-thrower'.  

Stevie Naismith is their central motivating force and he's a midget who dives more than Tom Daley.

It would be a start to give people roles on the field of play and they stick to it. Far too often Arfield, Aribo and Kent are all over the place, appear here and there and no-one is actually pulling the strings or knowing where he would find these chaps.

Hagi is a clever ball distributor with some attacking skill. He needs someone for protection too, but if you then have a couple of strikers and two real wingers that he can aim at, we should be getting some rewards.

For Wednesday, I'd go ...

McGregor

Polster - Goldson - Edmundson - Barasic

Jack

Stewart - Hagi - Jones

Kamberi - Kent

... unless SG thinks Morelos or Defoe can start straight away. Leave Kent and Hagi with some freedom to operate just behind the main striker then. The back four's main job is to keep a clean sheet and occasionally foray forward. Jack the enforcer in midfield. Once Kent and/or Hagi tire, throw on Aribo.

Right lads enough of the gloom and doom  talk were out and nothing can change that so let's get right behind our team and our manager on Wednesday and cheer and sing from start to the final whistle :rfc::rfc::rfc:

1 hour ago, compo said:

Right lads enough of the gloom and doom  talk were out and nothing can change that so let's get right behind our team and our manager on Wednesday and cheer and sing from start to the final whistle :rfc::rfc::rfc:

I think that particular ball is in the team's court now.

Why did we play on Saturday? It is very rare to have to play away from home domestically only 48 hours after playing in a very tough away tie in Europe. Celtic were at home on Thursday and they should have had to play on Saturday if anyone had to. I think tiredness must have played a big part. You could say the manager should have realised that he needed to freshen up the side with this being the case though.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Why did we play on Saturday? It is very rare to have to play away from home domestically only 48 hours after playing in a very tough away tie in Europe. Celtic were at home on Thursday and they should have had to play on Saturday if anyone had to. I think tiredness must have played a big part. You could say the manager should have realised that he needed to freshen up the side with this being the case though.

Sorry, but no amount of tiredness can be used as an excuse for how pish poor the team as a whole played for 90mins on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, DMAA said:

We played Braga on the Wednesday and had 72 hours between matches, more than Celtic actually... ;)

Just now, Frankie said:

We played Braga on the Wednesday and had 72 hours between matches, more than Celtic actually... ;)

I need to get more sleep. Can't even remember last week ?

The more I think about the current crisis, the more I'm drawn to conclude the dressing room, or at least elements of it, is out of control and causing major rifts among the squad. Every time I've seen something like this in the past it's been down to individual troublemakers.